• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Love2Dance4Me!
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin:

This was our second time on Serenade. We loved it the first time so decided to sail again on her. Embarkation was very fast and easy and we were sitting outside on the Lido Deck by 1115. Cabins were ready by 1pm. We had a aft JS which was spacious with a large walk in closet, large bathroom wiht tub and lots of storage space. The only negative was we were an aft JS on deck 10, underneath the outside patio of the Windjammer. I knew it was 0700 without opening my eyes when I heard the scraping of the chairs and tables. This went on all day and into the night when the area was being cleaned. For this reason I would not recommend cabin 1602 or any other cabin on deck 10.

We had My Time dining and never had to wait for a table. The menus have been updated but have less selections than in the past. That being said, everything we had in the MDR was very well prepared and tasty. We had dinner in Chops one night and Giovanni's another night. Both were excellent. Park Cafe had the usual delicious roast beef sandwichs and lunch in the MDR was a lovely salad bar, pasta bar or you could order off the menu.

The only disappointing aspect of this cruise was the entertainment or should I say lack there of. There was a few night where there was no entertainment in the theatre or if there was something it was scheduled for 7:15 which was inconvenient for anyone dining at 6-7pm.

Cabin Junior Suite

This aft JS was large and spacious. Besides the king bed, we had a full size couch, easy chair and ottoman. The bed was very comfortable as was the couch and chair. The aft balcony was huge with 2 lounge chairs, 2 upright chairs and 2 tables. The bathroom has a bathtub and enough storage for all our toiletries. The walk in closet has storage shelves and we had more than enough space for all out clothes as well as suitcases. The room has a coffee pot and hot water tea kettle and coffee and tea to have a cup or 2 (or 3) every morning. The only problem with this cabin was the noise from the Windjammer outside seating area. Every morning as soon as the Windjammer opened at 0700 we heard the scraping of the tables and chairs. This went on all day and even into the night when the crew was cleaning the area. Our last night the noise when on until 0100 !!! For this reason I would not recommend this cabin or any aft cabin on Deck 10. If picking a cabin on Deck 10 I would be very careful not to select one under the Windjammer.

Find a Serenade of the Seas Cruise from $240