3. Royal Princess
We have only been on a total of 6 cruises (Princess twice, Royal Caribbean twice and Celebrity twice) so we are by no means expert cruisers, but the issues we had with our most recent Princess Cruise will prevent us from EVER cruising with Princess ever again...never! There were so many bad customer service issues I really don't know where to start, so best I start right from the beginning: 1. We are Canadian and our booking was from a Canadian email advertisement priced in Canadian dollar. We book directly with Princess and received a random agent. We received our booking confirmation with all the details including our flights. A few days later (wanting to upgrade and book our seats) I contacted the flight carrier only to find out that our flight confirmation number does not match. We contact Theresa and leave her a message once in the morning and again in the afternoon to no avail so the next day I call her again, this time instead of leaving her another message I press zero to get another agent...guess what...they won't speak with me. As soon as you provide the requested booking #, they said I have to speak with Theresa and puts me back to her voice mail...wow turns out Theresa was sick for 3 days and during that time I am stuck with no assistance! Not sure why the flight reference numbers didn't match but eventually I get the proper number and I book my seats but not after wasting about 2 hours with the various agents, Theresa, Delta, and WestJet…and it was Delta that got me the proper reference number for my WestJet flight from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale…what a waste of time! 2. A week later I receive another email from Princess advertising the Beverage Package but when I went to purchase it, I find out that it was quoted in US dollar...why? They know I am in Canada...everything else up until then was quoted in Canadian dollar...again frustrating but I buy the beverage package for us. 3. I learned that if I pre purchase the Internet Package online prior to the cruise I received a 20 min bonus per 100 min package. So I purchased a 200 min package and get a total of 240 min (40 min bonus). However, when I got on the ship, my Princess App did not show I had a package. After wasting time with the Purser’s office I learn that they provided a credit on my account and I have to waste time to re-buy the closest package I pre-purchased online and then waste more time tracking down the "Data Communication Manager" to ask him to add my bonus minutes...really! What a waste of time yet again! 4. Turns out that the internet was more frustrating than it was worth so by day 3 and 6 minutes of use trying to log into my office emails, I complain. The response from the purser's office..."ok then cancel" to which I said ok please cancel...he says, I have to contact the Data Communications Manager...lol So while I am upset an Officer named Oggie appears. After hearing my story he says he'll take care of the cancellation and committed to calling me to confirm the cancellation. It was late at the time and knowing we were staying up i asked if he could not call us before 10 am the next morning to which he agreed...guess what, at 9 am the phone rings, its the Data Communications Manager and he says, "I understand you want to speak to me". The guy didn’t have any idea and so I have to explain my situation all over again…I was upset but i stayed calm and asked if I could cancel, he says ok but get this…instead of crediting me back the full amount paid, he charged me for the 6 minutes I used...lol OMG really!!! 5. While on the ship, we had to go to the purser's office another 5 times to correct billing errors. We both had a Beverage Package, how is to possible that they charged us for water twice, a beer once and a glass of wine once...5 times on 4 errors because we had to go twice for the beer charge. Once at Princess Cay Island, twice at the buffet restaurant and once even at our dining room. I don't get it. And each time, we had to wait in line and had to speak with a rep who took forever to figure it out...good lord we had a beverage package, how difficult is it to rectify...and why the mistakes to begin with! On one of these occasion, after waiting the rep looks up from her computer and says "WHAT"...not how can i help you etc...she actually said WHAT. My wife almost lost it! 6. Our last evening, I call the front desk to request a wake up call for 6 am…done. Turns out that we were out a little later than expected so I called the front desk to change my wake call time from 6 am to 6:40 am…figured we’ll get a little more sleep but for fear they will make a mistake I decide to cancel my 6 am wake up call 1st…so I did, asked for it to be canceled. After confirming it was canceled I requested a new wake up call for 6:40 am…sounds simple, nope. The phone rings at 6 am, begrudgingly I get up by myself and run upstairs for a quick bite…I come back and now my wife is upset as they called her at 6:40…they left both wake up calls…I just don’t get it. We don’t expect to be waited on hand and foot but this was the worst service we have every experienced. Thank the good lord we went with another couple and met some great people on board. Our room steward was great and most of the staff were fantastic but the food was not nearly as good any of our other cruises. We will never cruise with Princess ever again...I hope this was helpful :)

Worst Cruise Line Experience Ever

Royal Princess Cruise Review by museme

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Deluxe Balcony

We will never cruise with Princess ever again...I hope this was helpful :)
museme’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Premium Deluxe Balcony
Cabin D4 B739
Cabin was adequate, nothing fancy but was small.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins