Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by mike3332

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I was looking for a short cruise for warm weather and this did not disappoint. My last cruise was for 7 nights on the Allure and was too long for me. I drove down to Port Canaveral and parked at the port. Within 20 minutes, I was on the boat. As compared to boarding the Allure, this was great.

The ship was a lot smaller than the Allure but it was not crowded. The gym was a little crowded in the mornings so you had to wait for a machine or equipment. Breakfast and lunch were crowded but it was manageble. The first night was very windy and the ship rocked a lot. Dramamine was necessary. The rest of the cruise was smooth.

The excursions at Freeport seemed to be a rip off so I just walked around the port and relaxed on the ship. Next time I will probably rent a car and explore on my own. $70 for a day rental seems to be a better deal.

Coco Cay was exactly what I needed. I rented a beach bed. The beds are on the South Beach and are the most remote of all. I rented bed #7, which is the farthest from everyone. You are provided a shuttle which is a quick ride. It would probably take 15-20 minutes to walk. They have a station nearby that will radio the shuttle to pick you up whenever you like. You are provided 2 1 liter bottles of water. There is no food available on this side so I would recommend taking the provided lunch delivered to your bed. It's nothing to write home about but it was sufficient. Next year I will probably rent the bed and also try the jet ski. By the way, when you board the ship on day one, go ahead and select your bed quickly.

The island is still under development but it well hidden from view (other than when the pier). The water park should be finished this year. Hopefully it won't take away from the beach view.

The buffet food was ok. There were a few things that tasted great. A lot of things were mediocre.

You had water, juice, tea as your drinks available. I didn't see a need for the drink package.

We took our luggage ourselves to disembark. It seemed like half the ship did the same. Once we started moving, the process was pretty quick. I was off the boat and in my are in 20 minutes.

I'm going to go again next year. It will be on the Navigator. Hopefully it will be just as enjoyable.

By the way, the entertainment was terrible. It was so bad, you don't feel guilty about walking out during the performance. Fortunately there were other things to do.

mike3332's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4V 8155

After having a large room with a balcony on the Allure, I was concerned with the space on this room. I was quite pleased with the size of the room. There is sufficient space when you walk in the room. It was well organized for the size.

The only complaint I have is that the bed was extremely uncomfortable. If you want a bed that is hard as a rock and lousy pillows, then it's for you. Otherwise RCL needs to improve on this.

Freeport

All excursions listed seemed to be a waste of money.

mike3332