3. Regal Princess
We just got off the regal today after spending Christmas week onboard this beautiful ship. After this week Princess will be our go to cruise line . Although the ship was at capacity, it never felt crowded, even seats at the shows were readily available. We booked mid June, and interior guaranteed cabin category ID (aft). Price difference between interior and balcony will pay for our next cruise this spring. We got our cabin assignment on the Monday prior to sailing. We were upgraded to a balcony, mid aft, Across from the laundry facility. I was a bit concerned about noise, however, there were no issues whatsoever. The ship was decked out for the holidays, and was truly beautiful. Although turkey was offered as well as ham, there was no real holiday traditional foods offered. The menusThroughout the week were wonderful. I cannot say there was one bad meal. My one disappointment, is that there was so many good things on the daily menu, I did not have the chance to taste the fettuccine Alfredo. I did however have the goat cheese soufflé, and it is all that it is cracked up to be. I’ve read so many comments about the small size of the lobster, yes it is on the small side, feel free to order two or three. Deserts were yummy, especially the chocolate ones. The enclave thermal pool, Is so relaxing and eased many an aching muscle, well worth the cost. It was $149 for the week, no discount for couples. The medallion is up and running, although not fully at this time. It will unlock your cabinet door, And is used for purchases, and getting on and off the ship. You can use the locator but only on the boards that are near the elevators. You cannot use it within the app on a telephone, nor can you order drinks with it to be delivered to your location on deck. At this time you need the card for the dining room. The medallion Internet, it’s super fast, and easy to use. Pre-paying is a bit cheaper than waiting to sign up once on the ship, $59.99 vs $69.99 for 7 days. With those of you who are platinum an elite, they do offer an upgrade to the unlimited which was $52 for the week. They also have a multiple devices plan that-can be usedFor up to four devices, it ran $139.99. We were able to stream shows from Amazon onto our devices, as well as make video calls using duo. Being Christmas week there were many children on board, somewhere in the range of 650. Any child that we ran into was truly enjoying the kids programming. We had no issues with any of the kids on board, mostly very well behaved. Regarding smoking on the ship, the main area is on deck 17 all the way aft, a cigar lounge on deck six, called Churchill’s ,A small area on deck seven all the way aft, And along the back wall in the casino slot machine area. Churchill’s Does get very smoky, even for someone who is a smoker. Casino did not get very Smoky, and was only briefly noticeable one evening. I think someone lit up prior to going into the casino. The area that smoking is allowed in the casino is a bit larger than described online. Covering the entire back wall. There is no smoking in the casino on formal nights. Overall really no issues with smell, anywhere, unless you were by Churchhill’s when the door was being opened. If you are looking to purchase cigarettes duty free, wait to you get to St. Martens (in town not the port area) or Cozumel. We truly loved our week on the regal, and look forward to going again with princess.

Regal Christmas 2018

Cherrock’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 6135
This was a standard size balcony room. It was clean and fairly roomy. The furnishings were standard, and could have used a bit of updating. The balcony itself is smaller than other ships I’ve been on. But lovely.
The cabin is across from the laundry, I was a bit concerned about noise, but no issues. In fact did not even hear hallway noise.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins