3. Costa Diadema
This was our 3rd with Costa (and 26th overall) and we had always had great experiences previously with Costa so did not expect anything different on this cruise. We were very disappointed overall. The ship overall was very nice. It was well maintained and decorated nicely for Christmas. Whilst the layout of the ship is not the greatest (you have to go up or down to get where you want to go sometimes) and the public toilets are not well signed, it is functional. Getting on/off the ship in ports was possibly the easiest ever. Debark we were off the ship collected our luggage and on the bus within 5 min of our appointed time. Now for a quick review on each area - Cabin - Despite many complaints it never got below ~22/23c - the only person who cared was our cabin steward. Food - MDR - Very inconsistent in quality/taste/variety/service. The first night dinner took just under 3 hours and on average we were 2+ hours with the first dish coming to the table approx 1hr after sitting down. One night I ordered from the kids menu to find something I would be happy with (I am a picky eater, but can normally find something I can eat). Also Breakfast was always a Scrum, even though I thought they did a great Ham and Cheese Omelette, I could not handle the craziness. Buffet - Very inconsistent in quality/taste/variety/opening. It was a treasure hunt to put an actual meal together. Teppanyaki - By far the worst we have ever been to. It was tasteless with some poor quality meats and the show was not good either. Burger Place - Decent but nothing to write home about. PIzza Place - Yes you have to pay for the Pizza - This was by far our best meal on board. Staff - Except for 3/4 people I found most staff to be rude/unfriendly. Now I don't expect a lot but common courtesy goes a long way. Bars - Overall quite limited. We ended up in the Beer bar on deck 5. Even at €2.50 a beer with our package was worth it. Also the service was top notch! We did speak to the Hospitality Desk about some of our concerns and the International host called me back 2 days later to discuss them. Offered Pizza or Crepes as an apology, I suggested an OBC to cover part of the teppanyaki and she said she would see what they could do. Here I am at home and I am still waiting to hear. I want to be very clear, I was not expecting any credit when I complained, I really just wanted a colder room. I did however think the Panettone left in the cabin on Christmas Eve was a nice touch. I could continue, but overall we are just disappointed after great experiences previously.

Not as expected.. In a bad way :-(

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by cliffy97

We were very disappointed overall.

Now for a quick review on each area -

Food -

Burger Place - Decent but nothing to write home about.

cliffy97’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Diadema price drops

Premium Inside
Cabin IP 10083
Very spacious for an inside. However we could hear people walking above us on deck 11 as the walkway is directly above the cabin and also music from the pool and atrium areas. Overall a good cabin location.
Hortensia Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins