3. Costa Diadema
Briefly; SAMSARA SUITE #11005 - the second largest cabin size on the ship (I believe) - ONE plug socket for guest use (oh and one behind the wall mounted TV) - Massive balcony with tub but horrible blue fluorescent lighting (stops junkies I guess) - Poorly designed bath screen needed a dressing robe cord to stop it banging all night - WiFi signal practically non-existent - Very noisy cabin stewards outside door from 7am - Very noisy "vacuum flushing" system every 10-15 mins from 7am (not toilet) INTENDITORE Drinks Package - massive choice of two wines available at bars (majority of which are closed until 7pm/8pm) - Heineken the only draft beer available (or their own draft from one bar open from 7pm) - No cordials such as lime, blackcurrant etc (maybe too expensive at 30p a litre wholesale) SERVICE LEVELS - bar/lounge service ranged from OK to extremely slow - I go out of my way to be polite to staff but it made little difference on this cruise BUFFET RESTAURANT - went once - not to be repeated - cold food, limited choice and no method in its layout (treasure hunt to make a meal) THE CLUB RESTAURANT - staff training = zero - maitre'd was their for his benefit not to ensure the guests had a great experience - rushed courses despite asking several times for it to be slowed down - plates removed while my wife was still eating - new cutlery put in place even while my wife was still eating - extremely (EXTREMELY) limited choice but what we did have was nice - please, no more mozzarella or pasta dishes (Italians cannot eat only this surely) - vegetables twice in 7 days (5 runner beans one day and a carrot on another) - screaming children running around restaurant (its supposed to be a dining experience) SHOWS / Venues - Italian and in Italian (90% of the time) - but I expected it so was ready I guess - very little variety of music around the bars and minimal seating in most - theatre layout really poor - estimate 20% of audience could actually see the whole stage ENTERTAINMENT (quizzes etc) - italian and in italian BILLING - overcharged 114E so queried at reception only to be told I had to go to the Spa to get it corrected. I had never set foot in there so why do they expect their guest to do all the chasing - overcharged again by the Spa - this time for 210E. I went there this time as I was closer to them than reception. The Manager simply told me "you really shouldn't worry about these things, they will get sorted" - perhaps if they didnt happen TWICE for somewhere I had never set foot in, I would have been a little more understanding. DEPARTURE - carry your own luggage as this helps you to get off the ship faster (you will thank me) SUMMARY We have now taken 41 cruises, 6 of which were on another Italian line MSC. Costa is by far the WORST cruising experience we have EVER had. The noisy, rude groups of Italians weren't the issue as they're on MSC too. Just about everything about Costa was the problem - poorly designed ship - minimal staff training and therefore mostly poor service - limited bar times and extremely bad choice of drinks in each - poor but expensive wifi - limited food choices in The Club Restaurant - billing issues TWICE Yes, Costa are a cheaper alternative - but they don't even seem to want their guests there.

Italian Cruise Line - No Issues........Costa Cruise Line - NO WAY

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by CoupleUK

Briefly;

SAMSARA SUITE #11005 - the second largest cabin size on the ship (I believe)

- ONE plug socket for guest use (oh and one behind the wall mounted TV)

- WiFi signal practically non-existent

- Very noisy cabin stewards outside door from 7am

- Very noisy "vacuum flushing" system every 10-15 mins from 7am (not toilet)

INTENDITORE Drinks Package

SERVICE LEVELS

- bar/lounge service ranged from OK to extremely slow

BUFFET RESTAURANT

- went once - not to be repeated

THE CLUB RESTAURANT

- staff training = zero

- rushed courses despite asking several times for it to be slowed down

- plates removed while my wife was still eating

- new cutlery put in place even while my wife was still eating

- extremely (EXTREMELY) limited choice but what we did have was nice

- vegetables twice in 7 days (5 runner beans one day and a carrot on another)

SHOWS / Venues

- very little variety of music around the bars and minimal seating in most

ENTERTAINMENT (quizzes etc)

- italian and in italian

BILLING

DEPARTURE

SUMMARY

We have now taken 41 cruises, 6 of which were on another Italian line MSC.

Costa is by far the WORST cruising experience we have EVER had.

The noisy, rude groups of Italians weren't the issue as they're on MSC too.

Just about everything about Costa was the problem

- poorly designed ship

- minimal staff training and therefore mostly poor service

- limited bar times and extremely bad choice of drinks in each

- poor but expensive wifi

- limited food choices in The Club Restaurant