3. Carnival Miracle
I chose this cruise because of itinerary (western Caribbean) and timing (Christmas week). I had never travelled on Carnival before, usually having sailed on higher end ships, Holland America and Azamara. I don't drink that much and so didn't get the drinks pkg. One bottle of wine each brought in and consumed in the cabin, One included with the first night's dinner in the steak house, and one more purchased with onboard credits seemed quite adequate for us. The steak house served an excellent 3 course surf and turf meal. The main dining room served Ok meals, but sadly lacked adequate vegetables, even when I asked for more, it was always a small portion of just broccoli and one night there was none available at all. Tea and coffee were not offered automatically.. The lido buffet also didn't offer much variety, same food every day. Waiters didn't come around with drinks and cutlery had to be picked up as you started the buffet line, the tables were not preset. Also clearing the tables seemed to take longer than I was used to. Photographers were in our face everywhere on the ship, interrupting meals and blocking pathways. There was entertainment of the musical variety everywhere , loud music wafted throughout and interfered with other activities. The evening shows were fine, but the timing was different. The early show started at 7.30, making for a rush from the dining room after a 6pm start Embarkation went smoothly for us, as we had a later arrival. Debarkation however was chaotic. We were fogged in and delayed, debarkation didn't start until 6pm. Not the fault of the ship of course, but folks were scrambling to get access to phones and internet to rebook flights. We missed our 11.45 AM flight, but in the end, without our even asking, Carnival booked and paid for a hotel room and a new flight the next day. We took private tours so can't comment on that, but going ashore seemed to be handled smoothly. The inroom safe worked not on a combination code , but by sliding a credit card across a card reader. This meant that only one person could use it, and that card had to be carried around the ship, because you couldn't lock it inside the safe, quite inconvenient. The ship is decorated in a dazzling OTT style, this combined with Christmas decor was quite "dizzying". This might have been a fun excursion for me 20 years ago, but now I prefer a more dignified, upscale experience. I will not be booking on this ship again

You get what you pay for.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by littlebrownbook

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

littlebrownbook’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 7281
The bathroom was, as all reviewers concur, one of the largest and best I've seen on a ship. The storage was quite adequate for 2 women. The furniture was a bit shabby and one of the beds was lumpy.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins