3. Celebrity Summit
We were already familiar with the Summit and its slightly more intimate ambiance. This was a second time in the Penthouse Suite this year, and did we get spoiled! First of all, remember that when you go Royal or Penthouse pretty much everything is included, so there is no up-selling. Specialty dining - included. Internet - included. Upscale drinks package - Included. Gratuities - included, though we did give a little extra to people who we knew went the extra mile. Some of the highlights are the Luminae restaurant for suites only, Micheal's Lounge for suites only (acts really as the concierge service), Butler service, and the crew basically bending backwards for any wishes or requests you may have. For example: We brought Christmas music CDs (the more irreverent ones, like Benny Grunch from New Orleans, or Grandma Got Run Over Like A Raindeer), but the suite is post-CD. At our request, Pavel, the concierge, dug up a CD player and had it installed into the audio system (he got an extra tip!). The other thing I really liked is the lower staff turnover on Celebrity - the concierge at Luminea, as well as one of the waiters, remembered us from the last time in May. One of the reasons we took this cruise is because it visited the islands of Antigua, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. I know all three intimately well, I work on these islands. So I used the cruise to introduce my wife, who has only seen St. Lucia, to the other two. I had my own visit agenda for both Antigua and St. Kitts, and it worked out very well.

We splurged all the way, and the cruise ended up going all the way for us!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Airspeed

Airspeed’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PS 6147
Outstanding. Nothing else to be said. Good piano (I am a classically trained pianist).

Everything worked, and the hot tub in the bathroom was used daily. Tons of storage space. Refrigerator always well filled. The making of the room by our attendant, Jesus, was always perfect. And our butler, Hommer, took great care of us.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins