3. Carnival Vista
We took a Christmas cruise to get away and relax. We've done the itinerary so didn't care about that. The Vista is too big for us and has too many things we don't care about (sky ride, IMAX, etc). Although there were a lot of kids on board I will say that we rarely saw them. There are problems with the elevators because of the size of the ship--some only go to certain levels. If you are going to a level that is covered by all of the elevators you push 3 different buttons. That means the elevators stop at levels where passengers have been picked up. We spent a lot of time waiting for and being on elevators. The cabin was standard and fine. We had a balcony. The onboard activities were sophomoric -- games, silly stuff, hairy chest contests....I would have liked a few lectures on the ports or something from the cultures visited. The only "lectures" were classes in the spa designed to sell services. The shows were musical reviews (by Playlist) and in some cases the singers were off-key and we could not immediately tell what songs were being sung. Would have liked more variety. We had a spa balcony (includes full access at no extra charge to the thermal section) so used the thermal spa almost every day. Nice although I can't tell what was different in any of the steam areas (there were 4 and they were supposed to have different aromas or therapies). The menu in the main dining room has been upgraded and was too fancy for several people at our table. They did not have as much vegetarian although after the 3rd day I was able to convince the server to let me see the next day menu to adapt. Service was a bit erratic. The first night my husband got his entree within a few minutes of ordering at the same time the rest of us got our appetizers. Sometimes they brought the appetizers with the entree. Christmas dinner was a fiasco. Some at our table waiting almost 2 hours to be served because they ordered from the "steakhouse" section of the menu. We did not take any excursions and did not go ashore in Belize (tenders). I will say there was plenty of seating outside in the various areas. Most of the time there was no problem finding seats on the sun decks although the pool areas, of course, filled up quickly. Embarkation and debarkation were pretty smooth as we used the wheelchair assist. Very helpful and very pleasant people. It does amaze me how convoluted it can be to get to some areas of the ship. You can't easily get to the larger main dining room for brunch and, in fact, several handicapped people were complaining about how difficult it was to navigate. Go up and over, then down and back, then up a floor to go back down. Same with getting to lower decks from the aft part of deck 12. No access.

Too Big for Us

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by lobolady

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

The cabin was standard and fine. We had a balcony.

lobolady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
Cabin 8P 12206
Standard cabin with a balcony. 12th deck can be a bit rocky. We were well positioned to get to our dining room and had easy access to the spa and main pool.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins