3. MSC Divina
First time on MSC, we chose because of the free "Drinks on Us" package and balcony. First the positives: The ship is gorgeous, very elegant and had many nice bars. Our room was great, the best we've had on a cruise. Comfy beds, a sitting area, plus a nice bathroom with a tub which my wife appreciated. Our attendant Juan was very helpful. Many of the staff seemed unhappy, the impression I got was they didn't really like the way they are treated by MSC. But if you smiled and spoke nicely to them, they would brighten up and were very friendly. We had 2 fabulous bar servers; Miguel by the pool and Isabelle in the lobby bar (our favorite hangout). They were wonderful. We hardly bothered with the dining room. We went 3 times, that's it. Many felt the same way. On our final dining room visit, I counted 1/3 of the tables empty. And the others only partially filled. Service was slow. We hardly saw the waiter, only when he dropped off the courses. Waste of time, you could get the same or better in the cafeteria. Without wasting 2 hours. I ordered lobster pasta and keylime pie. It looked and tasted like ChefBoyRDee ravioli out of a can. The dessert was a blob of lime pudding on a graham cracker. (Plain lime, not the tart keylime I was looking forward to) OTOH, the buffet was quite good, at least you could see what you're getting and choose. A decent carving station, plenty of other selections and fabulous pizza! Even the breakfast pizza was unique and very good. Desserts were lacking though. Only a tiny selection. I miss the huge selections of awesome desserts we get on Carnival. Entertainment was hit-and-miss. The singers were excellent, but some of the shows were lame. One night was opera. People began streaming out after 10 minutes or so. No comedy at all. We miss that. Some of the staffers did some pranks and antics prior to the shows and that was amusing. But besides that, there was no comedy at all. The drinks-on-us package was nice, but the 15% tip charge can sure add up. One stupid thing though.... -Champagne is free -Orange juice is free -But if you order a mimosa, you pay full freight because a mimosa is a "cocktail" Not MSC's fault but the behavior of some of the kids was horrible. One little brat in the dining room pulled down his pants and tried to pee into the ice bucket. Parents did nothing, it was the waiter who stopped him. The same kid peed all over the wading pool on the last seaday and closed it down. Thanks. Nearly impossible to get a deck chair unless you were early. The usual hogs who saved with a towel then left for 2 hours. One morning we saw a couple come down the elevator carrying deck chairs. They took them to their rooms the night before! Ridiculous, Embarkation was a fisaco. We waited in the holding pen until after noon. No communication as to the delays. Disembarkation sloooooow, I think half the ship did the early self-checkout. A long, long, long, long lineup to disembark. We had a great time though. Would we sail MSC again? Sure... if the price was right

Not bad overall

MSC Divina Cruise Review by sunshinegert

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

The drinks-on-us package was nice, but the 15% tip charge can sure add up.

One stupid thing though....

-Champagne is free

-Orange juice is free

sunshinegert’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 8121
Great cabin. Comfy bed, a sitting area and a bathroom with tub
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins