3. Koningsdam
We stayed at the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale the night prior to our cruise , and it was perfect for an overnight stay. We arrived late but were able to get good food right at the hotel. We wanted a longer cruise and felt a slightly larger ship would offer more choices in food , entertainment , and areas to relax ! This ship was perfect as it exceeded our expectations but was very easy to navigate , and I never felt worn out from walking . We already loved the other Holland ships , food , and wonderful TV in the room with free movies . Having tried most of the other lines , we found Holland was the best fit for us . We like the fact that they serve the food which is more sanitary and actually more efficient and faster service . We never saw long line ups except maybe for ice cream ! Also , pools are very important to me as I have arthritis and am a young senior . I like pools with stairs and railings down into the pool so I loved the pools on Koningsdam . (The smaller ships have ladders which are harder to use with age . ) The ship does a sail away in Saint Lucia right past the Twin Pitons and you can get amazing pictures from your balcony or deck. We paid $200 on another line to do a catamaran out to see them ! I love the way the captain sailed along the coast which was very beautiful and relaxing . In addition , Holland gives amazing service ! Although there were a few glitches as the ship had just come out of dry dock , we were so impressed with this ship and staff . The ship is far more beautiful than its pictures . Since I am not a fan of classic modern , I did not expect to love the decor but I did ! Of course , the ship is kept spotless ,and we usually had a window seat in the Lido and no fighting for a spot around the pool on this ship ! The divans and luxurious seating were everywhere , and I never saw so many people asleep out in public . The seating was so conducive to relaxing ! We only made it up to the Crow’s Nest at the end of the cruise, and it was so amazing with soft leather seating , We want to return to enjoy it more next time ! Finally , the entertainment around the ship is incredible ! The BB Blues and Jason and Mike were always the best ! There is live music for everyone’s taste ! We loved Helen Wilding , the singer who sang for the young Royals . Our only disappointment is the lack of bigger budget sets , costumes, singers, and dancers . That is the weak spot but overall there is just so much we love about Holland and this ship in particular !

Captivating Koningsdam

Mermaid rock’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 6078
We loved our midship balcony cabin ! Thanks to Eko and Amir for keeping it so clean plus making us special towel animals! We had trouble with the air conditioning because of the dry dock prior to the cruise ( many others did also) which left an air lock issue. Once it was reported to Guest Services , it was fixed within a half hour! Also, I found the bed a little firm but that was resolved with an egg crate on the mattress! I am finding I need this more now with arthritic issues . Most people would think the mattress fine ! The staff showed such kindness and caring to resolve any problems , In addition, the storage was incredible and we overpack ! There was abundat hangers , drawers, shelves and the safe worked like a dream! As many have reported , the shower is the best , and I actually prefer a tub , but really loved the shower . I think it is much safer too ! The balcony was deep and wide with wonderful views . We would love this cabin again !
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins