Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by bailsgolf

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

This was our first cruise and planned for over a year for Christmas week 2018. Boarded in Miami and cruised St.Thomas, Tortola, and Bahamas. After exploring the ship on boarding day and eating at the buffet I thought we were in for a week of our lives. On Sunday morning we woke fairly early to have our first pool day, to my disbelief there was barely a chair to be found. We found a couple chairs eventually in a shaded area far from the one pool. Yes, that is correct they have ONE pool! They advertise two but the second has toddlers in diapers connected to water park area for toddlers. So unless you have little ones or like to swim in diapers its not for you. The first pool I mentioned is about the same size as the pool in my backyard! There's no easy entrance to the pool, no swim up bar, but plenty of salt if you bring your margarita! I literally swam once in the entire week. The two slides are flawed as it takes 45 minutes in line to ride them. The extreme ride was designed so poorly that many riders actually don't make the apex and slide helplessly backward and need to be extracted by personnel. Needless to say I did not attempt this nor my two children as the wait and failure rate just didn't seem worth it. I will finish with this regarding the pool area, on day two I woke early to mark four chairs for my family with towels and clips and bags, as this is how it's done on cruises. Upon arrival later that morning my chairs were now down to two, my bag was missing, and I almost got into a fight. Wow! what a cruise dream! They have go carts and laser tag for kids if you can sign up in time. I'll be honest I still don't know what that means because we never had a chance to sign up because it was full every time someone tried! Yes, we spent 7 days on a cruise ship with two teens and they barely swam, used one slide twice, and never saw go carts or laser tag. In my opinion they should have left the carts and tag off the ship and build some real pools. On the positive side the food and drinks were very good. The three shows we saw were also very well done. The room was decent size and always clean. The employees do an amazing job and are always friendly. Unfortunately for us this was designed around my kids and nephews who left highly disappointed. I would not recommend this ship to anyone with children, actually I would not recommend this ship to anyone as the pool deck experience is horrific!

bailsgolf's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10182

Cabin seemed roomy enough but I have nothing to compare to as this was my first and last cruise. After a week in a room it started getting congested but overall thought it was designed well.

Miami

Boarding and unboarding went smoothly. A bit difficult to get cell service to call uber when we exited ship

St. Thomas

Beach is way overcrowded. I would not recommend this beach.

Nassau

Relaxing day at the gardens/zoo. Actually was nicer than I expected. Smaller animals but well done and relaxing walk through some nice gardens.

bailsgolf