3. Norwegian Epic
We chose this cruise for the good incentives, it was a Norwegian ship that we had not sailed before and it left at a different port than we had experienced before. Port Canaveral was great. It was easy to embark the ship, there were the usual lines, but things kept moving and it was well organized. The ships design IS AWFUL. The designers "pranked" the public with the cabin design. The toilet has a light plastic door (and a curtain) separating it from the the room and one cannot pee, poop or fart without being heard by everyone in the room. There was TRASH in the light above the bed, shelves were broken. The LIGHTING was HORRIBLE, it was what I would expect in a bordello. I had to put on my make up during the day because the light bulbs were SO DIM that it was impossible to during the evening when there was no natural light. The brightest light in the room was in the closet and there were no mirrors in the closet. The balcony was ok, the closet space was good, the room attendants were responsible. We were disappointed that the photo packages have changed, O'Sheehans had a different menu as there were no specials, general navigating the ship was unusual: something we do not have an issue with on the other Norwegian ships. If this had been the first Norwegian Cruise we had been on we would be somewhat reticent about cruising Norwegian again, but as we are platinum we have experienced far better ships.

Unusual ship design