3. Carnival Miracle
Cruised out of Tampa on this cruise December 14th, 2018. Getting to the boat is pretty simple in Tampa. Parking located directly across from the terminal. Plenty of valets, and others looking to help you for a tip. Check in at the terminal was easy and quick. There are a couple of escalators to navigate, so be warned if you have carry on luggage. The cruise itself was sort of a let down. The wait times in the dining room once you were seated seemed long. (It took 2 hours to complete dinner once seated, which is VERY long, especially when you are sitting with strangers). The food was just so-so. It honestly made me miss food such as Outback and Olive Garden. Ordered a 14 oz NY strip medium rare one night, received a ribeye medium. Did not send it back as the wait time was already long enough. I did order up the filet mignon and lobster the last night, it was much better, but still overcooked. No Guy's burger joint on this boat, you have regular sliders and dogs. The burgers (sliders) were in one word: NASTY. Overcooked. I spent 6 years in the Navy, and anyone who spent any time in the Navy can eat one and close their eyes and it will take them back to their Navy days....and that is NOT a compliment! Food on the Lido deck was OK, the pizza was OK. Had some sort of lamb shoulder one night at the carving station, I honestly thought they were serving deer meat the wild taste was so strong. Could not eat it. Ice cream was pretty good, on par with soft serve ice cream. Breakfast was by far the best meal of the day. Overall, the ship appeared in good shape. I was impressed with the cleanliness. The decor looked a bit cheap, as it does on most cruise ships. Several pieces of decor looked gaudy, and out of place. One negative was the water slide did not operate the entire cruise. No splash pads on this boat either. The serenity deck/lounge area is pretty small, with only 1 small pool, and 1 hot tub. Tub temp was good. Crowded, though, as all cruises are. The cushions on the loungers and hammocks and pods seemed to smell like body oil, sweat, and suntan lotion. I declined to use one, only opting for a towel. Bar service was good throughout the ship. My wife and I had the Cheers! program, and one of the outside waiters at the Serenity deck brought me a bottle of water with each drink. His words were...if you drink alot of alcohol, you need alot of water. No charge for the waters. A very nice touch, and I wish I could remember the waiter's name. Entertainment was fair to good. The shows were OK, the comedians were hilarious. I attended 2 shows, and my wife 3. The last show was during heavy seas, and the cast did the best they could possibly do, given the sea conditions. My wife and I thought the cruise director Frankie could have done much more to make the cruise more enjoyable. During the welcome aboard show he did some kind of fist bump with a passenger, and when he did he spoke the word "boop". He then used the word "boop" at the end of each passenger address he did over the speaker system, which my wife and I found very annoying. The cabin was the retreat from the hustle and bustle of the cruise. We had an extended balcony room, # 8220, and the only problem I seemed to have (my wife and our friend found it fine, however) was the AC. It just didn't seem to get cold enough. Room was very clean, had a mini fridge, nice bathroom, nice carpet, spacious balcony, and a safe. Plenty of storage space with 3 stand up wardrobes. My side of the bed did seem to have a slight sag in the mattress, my wife found her side very comfortable. Was not overly problematic. Met the steward, Raymuind, the morning of the first at sea day. Had never seen me, but he know mine, my wife's, and our friend's name. Kudos. Left him a nice cash tip for a job well done at the end of the cruise. We did have a mechanical problem the third day in, a boiler explosion down in the engineering space that turned out to be a ruptured boiler tube. Problem seemed to be handled professionally, and an actual emergency was called. We were scheduled to go to Grand Caymen the last port day, but the weather was too rough, so we had an additional sea day. Rough seas that night, ship took a few deep rolls ini the middle of the night. The last sea day the three of us took the "Behind the Fun" tour, which was pricey at 99.95 a person, but I felt it was a pretty good value. Saw parts of the ship you don't normally see, and got some free drinks, a BTF lanyard, and some free photos. Return to Tampa and disembarkation was relatively smooth, with the customary passengers in a hurry to get off. Hilarity often happens at that time, if you know where to look! All in all I had a nice time, but I felt the cruise as a whole was a little lackluster. My wife thought so also. My wife and I were cruising with a friend who stayed in our cabin, so there were 3 in our cabin. (Cabiin is the equivalent of a junior suite on the smaller vessels).

A ho-hum experience

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by butterbean_29512

butterbean_29512’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Cabin was very nice, clean, spacious. Equivalent to a junior suite on smaller vessels.
  Carnival Miracle Deck Plans