3. Norwegian Breakaway
I wanted to visit New Orleans and i hadnt sailed on NCL in 10 years. I should have stayed in New Orleans the 7 days i was on the cruise. The food was like eating at a cheap buffet, entertainment was not great , the beds were not made properly ,I though a 5 year old had made our bed each day. It took several times to flush the toilets and the bathroom in the cabin smelled like sewer. Thank God I booked the shows after we booked the cruise. Most shows and Restaurants were sold out. Im actually happy they were because the 2 shows we saw were not great. When eating at the Buffet, the waiters / waitress would stand next to the table waiting to take your dinnerware. At times reach across you to get a empty plate while you were drinking or eating from another plate. I requested for the room to be vacuumed and the vacuum cleaner smelled like moth balls. Im so happy i brought Linen Air Freshner to help with the moth ball smell and sewer smell from the bathroom.Not enough activities during the,day or night. Also the Library is next to the Atrium, no quiet time there. We were in a Oceanview room on the 5th floor. The walls were paper thin. You could noise constantly from the Cabin next door and the hallway. The private island that NCL owns was horrible,shops ,were you could purschase that junk anywhere, no speciality items or special foods of the Belize people. The Island should,have been about the Belize culture. Belize music ,Dancers ,food and shops of the Belize culture would,have been nice. My favorite Island was Costa Maya. Lots of things to do but not enough time to enjoy. The air show was great, better shops and entertainment on the Island.For a ship that was recently redone. The cabins need more work. NCL nickels and dime you on the ship, you pay for everything and the gratuities is a joke, its a charge forced upon you. NCL needs to look up the definition of gratuity and pay the employees a decent salary and the gratuity should be somethinh extra. No more NCL for me.

Dont waste your time or money

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Cruise9738

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cruise9738’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OB 5180
Rooms need to be redecorated. Bathroom smells like sewer.Rooms are always cold. I would warm the room and adjust the air conditioner and the cabin attendant would turn the darn air conditoner back to freezing.Shower was very small and the toilet paper dispenser was under a shelf. The toilet paper was very rough and thin.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins