3. MSC Sinfonia
A total of 11 family members west on an MSC Sinfonia cruise from Rome and back. Upon boarding the cruise our group all met for lunch in the Buffet, tried to order wine and was told we don't have a drink package on our card,so that was a huge dealing with right at the start. My biggest issue is that we purchased our drink package a few months before our trip (about $400 a person) premium package, which was at that time the best premium package, as my in-laws like premium scotch. They were able to enjoy their scotch for the first 2 days with no issues and than we were told that the package changed and our package is no longer the premium package, they now have a premium plus package. I went to customer service and was told there was nothing we can do except pay the difference and was told that would be an additional $500e each. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, if I believe I am buying the best of anything than to have this change during my cruise seems very deceitful. The servers in the Manhattan Bar were always very slow and always seemed confused about everything. We would place an order for drinks, and the order was almost always wrong! The food lacks in every way. Too salty, over cooked, under cooked & simply lack in flavor. I am not a fussy eater in anyway, but must let you future cruisers know this, especially if you are going for a longer cruise like we did (9 days). The servers in the IL Covo on the most part were quite professional, although a few seemed dazed and confused. I might be wrong about this next statement, but I thought I had read as much as possible about this cruise because I was the one booking for all of us and wanted to be able to answer questions if necessary. I believe I read that we could tip bar servers, cabin stewards, etc only if we wanted too-but when we checked out of our cabin and received our final billing which I was expecting very little, we were all surprised to find 2 X $10e a day for tipping. Would have been nice to know this ahead of giving generous tips during our cruise, not a big deal but would have been nice to know. For these reasons I would not choose MSC cruises again. Beautiful sites to see for sure!

Average at best

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by LSWANE

LSWANE’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Sinfonia price drops

Fantastica Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin O2
Balcony was nice to have the the cabin it self was very average for what we paid
Sibelius Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins