Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by timetoshop

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

All in all, the cruise was lovely. The ship is showing some signs of aging but I believe that it is going in for some renovations. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Our steward, Daniel, was always attentive and was great! It must be very difficult for the people who work on a ship to be away from their family for such long stretches of time but all the workers were pleasant and polite.

The food was amazing and the presentation was beautiful! There were many choices and I enjoyed every meal, whether I ate in the dining rooms or at the buffet. In particular I would like to mention two servers, Anastasia and Raymond, from the Pacific Moon dining room. Their attention to detail was terrific and they were so pleasant to interact with when we were eating. I also found all of the servers in the Horizon Court buffet eager to please. Each went out of his way to accommodate any request that I had.

The only comment I would make regarding the itinerary is that more time is spent in Hong Kong or Ho Chi Minh City as opposed to visiting Nha Trang. Because we had to use tenders to visit Nha Trang, there might have been a chance that we couldn’t dock since the visit was dependent on how calm the water was. As it was, I didn’t disembark the ship until noon of that day, and only had a few hours to visit the city. Having an overnight in any other city would have been more appreciated.

I also feel that too much time is spent on trying to sell the products on the ship. We were constantly being bombarded with buying the jewelry on board!

I would definitely take another cruise on a Princess ship!

timetoshop's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA A219

The cabin was fine but it did show some signs of aging. There was some rust on the balcony.

timetoshop