3. Viking Sun
The cruise is advertised as off season which is great. The weather is still good and the crowds are significantly smaller. Only disadvantage is shorter daylight hours. It is a very busy cruise with no sea days and lots to see and enjoy. The service on Viking is always excellent. We enjoyed four dinners in the included alternate dining. The Chef's table is definitely a great experience with very tasty menus. They always have a wide variety of shore experiences which are also very informative and of good value. My only complaint is you are supposed to get an included tour , yet they do fill up and sometimes are not available which I feel is false advertising. The other suggestion I would have is schedule the tours so you could do both an included tour and an option tour if desired. The resident historian was great. If I had only had him in high school , I would have learned and retained a lot more about history.

Off Season Mediterranean

Viking Sun Cruise Review by petrichor

petrichor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

• Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
    Great walk through the Gothic Quarter including a tour through the 2000 year old Roman remains of the city of Barcino under present day Barcelona
    View All 24 Gothic Quarter Walking Tour Reviews
  • Pisa Walking Tour
    Country drive to Pisa and excellent overview of Square of Miracles with guided tour of Baptistry and Pisa Cathedral
    View All 80 Pisa Walking Tour Reviews
  • Cascais, Sintra and the beach
    Once again we opted for a tour outside of the main port. Our first stop was the interesting Palace of Queluz. Unfortunately it was raining so didn't get as much out of visiting Sintra as would have been possible in better conditions. Again it was December so days were short so didn't get as much out of the drive by the beaches as one would in a different season
    View All 36 Cascais, Sintra and the beach Reviews
  • Malaga
    We enjoy some excursions outside of the city to see the industry and farming in the area. This tour took us to an orchard with coffee, toast and preserves for breakfast. We next stopped at a winery for a brief tour followed by wine tasting,cheese,breads and olives. Our last stop took us into the mountains to a rail station/hotel where we indulged in more wine or beer and several tapas. Our trip back to the ship took us through the abandoned silver mining area
    View All 12,984 Malaga Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malaga Cruise Port Review
  • Valencia
    Easy city to walk around after using the cruise ship's shuttle. Don't miss the fabulous market which is actually a work of art.
    View All 292 Valencia Cruise Port Reviews