3. Norwegian Jade
I live in Miami and sail often, however this was my first Norwegian Cruise. My friend had been on Jade previously and told me that I would like it. And that was very accurate. First of all, I really liked the freestyle dining experience where I was not assigned to any given table at any given time. This allowed me to decide when I wanted to eat and where. I wore shorts to the main dining room and was asked to put long pants on. I didn't want to do that and instead we ate in the Alizar most every night and it had the same menu as the main dining room. The food on the cruise was excellent. I don't eat meat but will eat fish and I was pleased with the fish that was served every night as well as for lunch. My only criticism of the food was that the hard boiled eggs at breakfast need to be cooled before they are served since it was impossible to peel the shell off. It was not impossible because they were hot, but because the egg was destroyed while trying to get the shell off. Even at home, I cool my eggs before peeling them and its easy. (LOL) I thought that the entertainment in the theatre was very good with the exception of the musical comedian who was just not funny or amusing. His late night show was not any better. Loved the Spinnaker music late at night and the dancing was great. DJ was awesome spinning good music. I also enjoyed the Karaoke in Bliss nightly. I always criticize the crazy expensive drinks but all the cruises are like this---and the package would be a waste for me since I don't drink much. I also liked the size of this ship as it was not too large with too many people. It was very simple to navigate the ship with walking. Worked out in the gym daily and it was very good. I am not a gambler but would like to go in and play slot machines occasionally but there was too much cigarette smoke in there for me to stay. It would be nice to have an area that was not as inundated with smoke. I thought that Harvest Caye was beautiful and really enjoyed zip lining there. My first time and since I have a fear of heights, it was great to overcome that fear. I also enjoyed the ATV excursion in Costa Maya---so much better than the Mayan ruins. And loved the open bar at the beach after ATVing. The drinks were very strong and we got wasted quickly. As I mentioned, I do enjoy comedians on a cruise and Norwegian had only one who was not any good. I would have appreciated a decent comedian for the night's entertainment as well as late night comedians who can be more risqué. I would highly recommend Jade and hope that all my future cruises on Norwegian will be this enjoyable.

One of My Best Cruises--First Time with Norwegian and Loved it!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by nomicruiser

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

nomicruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5060
I thought the bathroom was a bit tiny but it did't disturb me greatly. Everything else good.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins