3. Anthem of the Seas
I want to start by saying that the staff was truly amazing. They could not do enough! I had issues booking activities on board and was concerned because we would not arrive till just before 1:30. I wrote a letter and got assistance from the executive office. They were wonderful. We were able to at least experience most activities on the ship. Ifly was fun - but only one minute long. Escape room was okay, but you can only do it once and it took us 35 minutes with 12 people in the group. Northstar was nice as well. So all these activities only took a few hours. What else to fill 4 1/2 days at sea? We tried to keep busy since it was really too cold for the outdoor pool and the indoor pool was packed. I found that there was little entertainment during the day on sea days. I think that more options are necessary. Honestly, there are a lot of spaces that are barely utilized - like Vintages - which was usually empty. Even the Bionic Bar was fairly empty most days. As far as our stop in Cococay - it was canceled due to rough sea conditions. We headed straight to Nassau - but most everything was closed! Not sure why it took so long to get to Florida. I wonder if we couldn't have moved a little faster and arrived when things were open! or perhaps flip the itinerary? Here are some areas needing improvement: Sushi class: It was fine, but the quality of the sushi was not wonderful. I decided after this that I would not try the restaurant. I am not sure, but if the quality of fish is an indication of the quality of the food they serve, I wasn't interested. You would think that they would sample some of their sushi so it entices the people taking the class to come for a meal! After all, the class is $30. They can afford a taste! The Gift: - Terrible. Very difficult story line to follow. We Will Rock You - Better than The Gift, but also not good. Stage scenery is lacking and acting is not the best. Story line is a little cheezy as well. Spectra Cabaret - A decent show. The dancing was really good and Spectra is quite talented. Twas the night before Christmas - I can't rate it because we couldn't find a seat! Imagine one showing on Christmas Eve! Many disappointed guests were unable to attend. Honestly, why would they only have one show?! At least do a 6:30 and 8:30 like other shows! Main dining room restaurants were still pretty good. Appetizer portions were small and quality was not always the best, but the main courses were okay. Christmas dinner was really good. The apple pie dessert is the same one I buy at Trader Joe's! Yikes! Windjammer was okay, but really got tired of seeing the same things every day - especially for breakfast. Waffles were terrible and mostly under-cooked. Not enough omelet stations. lines were really long! BINGO - Well, this could be a fun activity, but if a family of 4 wants to play, the minimum each needs to spend is $39 for 6 cards. You can't rip the cards, so you need to purchase a lot of cards. $160 if 4 want to play....really? Whereas if you buy the iPad option, you get 42 cards for $69, but all electronic so only one can play. We spent a lot and won nothing. Oh well. I don't think I will be taking another cruise out of Bayonne again. I don't think I would go on the Anthem again either. I feel this ship lacks options for entertainment. We docked along side the Mariner of the Seas in Nassau. I could see and hear their entertainment all day long into the late night. I wanted to go over there. Nothing was going on at the Anthem! We did have constant sales in the lobby though! It always amazes me what people will buy! Last, I want to mention Wonderland restaurant. I hesitated because their menu looked really unusual. My daughter is not one to try different things, but even she liked it. We did the 3 restaurant deal. Wonderland was the first one, then Chops - which was decent, but Wonderland was so outstanding that we went back. Our waiter, Peter, was outstanding. If you do decide to go, you MUST try Wonderland. It's not as strange as it seems on the menu. Just excellent!

Staff amazing but everything else has declined unfortunately.

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by garrahyd1

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Here are some areas needing improvement:

The Gift: - Terrible. Very difficult story line to follow.

garrahyd1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 9656
Nice room. Good size and lot's of storage. Suitcases fit under the beds and I couldn't even fill the drawers and cabinets.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins