• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Bluelaceknitter
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

My travel agent suggested it as a good first time cruise to see if we would like to go on a cruise. It was perfect. We chose to leave from New York because we live here and I didn't want to fly.

Embarkation was pretty easy just waited in a queue for 1/2 hour. We had a snack at O'Sheehan's pure bar food. My chicken wings were just what I needed but my mother's Irish American Stew, was underwhelming. Please don't call it a stew. Even the server who took our order explained it was a soup but that was not the underwhelming part: description said it had corned beef in it. It must have been very small chunks because my mom found the potatoes but no corned beef.

I really loved the cabin. We had a balcony which we enjoyed. Sitting and reading in the tropics with the warm breezes. Having a glass of wine.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

Enough room for three. Definitely would get this cabin again or any cabin with a balcony. This room is very conveniently located.

Port Reviews

Great Stirrup Cay

We took the tender to the Cay and spent the day lounging on the beach and eating. Great weather.

Find a Norwegian Gem Cruise from $317