Crown Princess Cruise Review

Crown Princess Cruise Review by ozegal in texas

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise because it was over Christmas and we wanted to be in a warm climate and it was reasonably priced and we have cruised on Princess many times before...

Overall it was a good cruise, entertainment was good, the cabin was good, the ship staff were all pleasant but it was all average and the food was average. There wasn't anything outstanding except twice in the dining room we had desserts that were called Chocolate Journeys. They were both different and excellent. This is my only "wow" for the entire cruise. I have nothing to complain about but I think Princess has gone downhill from past cruises. There now are too many things that are charged for. An example would be a "special" hamburger at the pool grill. I don't think we should br charged $8 and $10 extra for a burger. Also in the main dining room they now have a list of steaks that you can get from their steak house for a price. If I wanted that I would have gone to the steakhouse. Also near the end of your dinner they have the waiters roll around a cart with special after dinner drinks that have a price attached. I know the waiters must hate doing that.

My main complaint would the "Anytime Dining Room" not having enough tables for two. Just about every night we had to take a pager and wait for a table and it didn't help to have a reservations. Even when we were at the dining room prior to their scheduled opening we were told all "two" tables were gone. Not everyone wants to eat with strangers and make small talk..

ozegal in texas's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D303

Cabin was quite nice, clean, comfortable, larger than a balcony cabin and it had a nice sized balcony wiht three comfortable chairs and a table... The bathroom has a tub which we dont use but it was larger than normal and that makes it better.

Princess has upgraded their bedding which feels lovely. Six months ago on the Carribean Princess I was in love with the mattress but now i feel it is too soft so maybe they are breaking down too quickly.

ozegal in texas