Viking Rinda Cruise Review

Viking Rinda Cruise Review by Travel-Round

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Having enjoyed the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise we chose Viking again to see Paris. We did the pre cruise stay. We used city taxied to get around and found them to be friendly and mini tour guides. We had tickets for the Eiffel Tower and went to the top and had a glass of champagne to celebrate. It was beautiful! We had a dinner cruise at night that was exceptional. The lights on the Eiffel Tower at night were spectacular. Paris at night was special.

Monet’s Gardens were paintings come to life. It was great throughout the cruise that Viking takes you on tours early- usually least crowded times.

The informative talks about the following days destinations were well done and I learned a lot of things I didn’t know. I really enjoy the Joan of Arch history.

Our tour of the beaches of Normandy was inspiring and there was not a dry eye after the ceremony at the American cemetery. We had 2 WWII veterans on our cruise so it added something special.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the Viking crew was. My sister and I are handicapped. Our guides were thoughtful and made very attempt to make our visits to museums and sites especially in the Louvre and Versailles where crowds were difficult to be exceptional. They helped us maneuver through the crowds with our scooters.

We never felt unsafe as the French had a very visible police and military presence at all tourist destinations.

The meals on the ship were very good but we missed the variety of cookies we sampled on our previous cruise. This was France and no Macaroons.

I loved France and Viking helped me have a great experience.

Travel-Round's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony
Cabin D 201

The cabin was roomy and bathroom was well laid out. Love the heated floors.

We really enjoy a French balcony so we can open the door. The beds and bedding are so comfy. The bottles of water were much appreciated.

Travel-Round