3. Pride of America
Ship was average. Not as good as I had expected or heard about Norwegian. The ship is basically a place to sleep at night and get food before you go explore the islands. The buffet food was average. It was the exact same breakfast every morning and the dinner selections were average. I was disappointed they serve hamburgers & hot dogs in the buffet every night since there are other places on the ship that you can get that if you chose. I would have preferred more of a selection. The embarkation the day of your cruise is simple and easy however disembarking for the ports is chaos. There was never a representative present at the gangway prior to the door opening. There was no structure or anyone communicating information. We were also late to disembark at a couple ports which is confusing to me since they do this cruise every week. Also, be prepared for some rocky nights! I went on a cruise in the Caribbean and never felt the rocking I felt on this boat. Bring sea sickness pills if you need. The islands are amazing, so that made the trip worth it. If you are going to experience Hawaii and see the islands then this is a perfect way. If you are going to have the ship experience, then I would advise finding another ship or destination. Also DO NOT miss the Na'Pali Coast view on the last day... simply breath taking! Mahalo

Average

Pride of America Cruise Review by miami_princess

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Inside
Ship was average. Not as good as I had expected or heard about Norwegian.

miami_princess’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Inside
Cabin IB 11023
Cabin was good, pretty average. Nothing negative or great that stood out to me about this cabin. Was nice to be on the same level as the buffet, however you have to walk past the pool deck area to get to the buffet. The decks were always wet with water and had to be very careful not to slip and fall while walking.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins