3. Viking Kadlin
I am of a military family (Army), and have learned about the D-day invasion from family and books. I also am very excited about history and reading is an important part of my life. So, when this experience was offered by Viking, I jumped at the opportunity. This cruise made me feel like I stepped into the history books that sit on my desk. Notre Dame, the Louvre, King Richard the Lion Hearted, Giverny and Monet, Vernon, Rouen, and very emotionally - Omaha Beach, the invasion plans inscribed in the memorial, and the white cross against the kelly green green grase and dark green trees in American cemetery. The night before each excursion, the staff would describe what we were about to see the next day, so that when we stepped on shore, the history books, the staff descriptions, and the scenery all blended into a fabulous experience. An awesome experience!

Beauty and history all came alive on the Seine

Viking Kadlin Cruise Review by lindaphillip

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

lindaphillip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Kadin price drops

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 340
Bedroom, living room, wrap around deck, modern bath, lots of storage room - excellent accommodations and staff who support the cabin. I could not have wished for better.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins