3. Enchantment of the Seas
Something has definately changed with RC and not for the better. I have been loyal to royal however, the last few cruises with them have been terrible. My last cruise happened to be my very first in carnival and unfortunately I spent this cruise wishing I was back on the carnival ship. Our stateroom was fine, had an inside room which we prefer. Asked for an extension cord and extra pillows qnd they were provided right away. The bathroom though, is the smallest I have ever seen on a ship before. The purpose for this cruise was a burial at sea for my father. We had prior permission from RC and were told to confirm details once in ship, which we tried to do. First trip to guest services, we met a lovely attendant who took our info and assured us an officer would be in contact later that day with the arrangements. That dudnt happen. 2nd trip to guest services, had to explain the whole thing over again and then said we could have the service anytime that day between 9am and 6pm., we chose 11am. 3rd trip to guest services, with my fathers cremains in tote, had to wait nearly an hour because they were in the middle of a guest services meeting. Seems like they either could have changed their meeting time or just informed us the meeting times so as we wouldnt interrupt them. But neither of those things happened, so here we are waiting for an hour, on christmas day, to bury my father at sea. We had a small ceremony and the officer called our coordinates to the captain who made a very nice certificate with the coordinates on it and it was signed by the captain himself. I must say that was unexpected and a very nice touch! Much appreciated! The dinner service in main dining room was terrible, food was cold and tasteless and not much variety. It seemed like they were a bit overwhelmed the first night, I had to duck and cover most of the time to avoid being hit by reaching elbows. We ate there 2 nights and in the windjammer the last 2 nights. Windjammer was much better. I do have to say that I found the cruise director cruisin susan to be very lackluster and boring. Didnt find her funny nor entertaining at all. I watched the love and marriage show which is usually very funny, but this time around, it was a snooze fest. She really made me miss my cruise director from carnival, Alex was the best cruise director I have ever seen. She could learn a few things from him. I'm ready to book my next cruise but not feeling so loyal to royal any longer as things have been on a steady decline. For me this cruise was a swing and a miss!

A swing and a miss

Wkirkby’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 4009
Rooms was great but what happened to the fridge??
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins