3. Norwegian Getaway
My family of 5, including at 14 month old, thought we would give Norwegian a try...with very low expectations. Even with the bar so low, I didn't realize it would be worse than expected. We got two staterooms side by side. Great. First day and on..not so great. Both staterooms had issues with their water temperature. Both taps had scalding hot water running, despite being told to run the water for a while and to turn the tap handle to the cold side (I figured as much). The TV had a red line streak running vertically. On the second day, the light bulb blew out in the bathroom. The housekeeping apparently didn't notice until we were ready to go to bed. We didn't notify house keeping right away because they still had to come and clean our staterooms. Housekeeping was far in between. They didn't take out the garbage on some days and was often very late/sporadic. The screws holding up the hair dryer onto the side of the desk came loose and no one came to fix it so it just stayed on the chair. Here's what ruined our experience. The last night of our cruise, we decided to go check out Taste for a nice sit down meal, as oppose to the buffet. We were greeted with miserable staff and rushed. The food took a while to come. What took the candle was another passenger shouting from the waiting area just on the other side of the wall where we were sitting, "oh, shut up!!", to us. It was directed to my 14 months son who was extra zealous and just very excited to be there sitting with us in his high chair. He didn't run around or made a mess. He was being a 14 month old. Everyone in the dining room stopped and shocked by it all. Looked around and one lady from a table did the shushing gesture after an awkward moment. I finished my appetizer and ate 1/4 of my entree and just took him upstairs, while my parents and brother finished their meals. What got me was the staff didn't say a word or even approached us or this lady who shouted. Never again. Kids activities are also far in between. The ship looks older than it really is. Food is subpar. I'd go with RCCL over Norwegian for sure.

Spend an extra few bucks for a better experience on another line

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by madeph