3. Balmoral
We chose this as it was my husband’s first experience of cruising although I’ve been on several. The duration and itinerary were ideal, as was the ambience of a small ship. Food and service were very good and we particularly enjoyed hearing Adam Reece playing in the Observatory Bar. Embarkation was very well organised and we both felt we benefitted from the relaxation of the cruise. Luckily, we were on a dining table with two other couples with whom we had some most lively conversations over dinner. Our waiters showed great patience over the fact that we were last to leave each evening. One disappointment was caused by the itinerary being changed, resulting in only one day on the Kiel Canal instead of two. Nevertheless, my husband is happy to try another cruise and it is likely that we shall opt for Fred Olsen next time. We didn’t go on any shore excursions, preferring to be independent, but we did choose to book the drinks package and it was well worth it.

Overall a most positive experience

Balmoral Cruise Review by Ashcombe

Ashcombe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Outside with Porthole
Cabin F 3064
Perfectly adequate and comfortable with plenty of hanging space. Quietly situated and not too badly affected by rough seas. Good lighting over mirror. Hair dryer, kettle and safe were useful.
  Balmoral Deck Plans