Mainly chosen for the destinations on route, but also anticipated a 4* ship. Expected the passengers to be around retirement age because of he length of the cruise. Very disappointed with the geriatric nature of a lot of the entertainment, which was also repetitive and lacking any fun. No deck parties, even though we spent around 3 weeks in the hot sunshine, no proper ‘ sailaways’ to remember. Food was OK, but the scrap in the Lido Bat was awful. Difficult to find a seat once you had been served. Ended up taking food down to the cabin to eat it. The food generally I could only call OK, as it was not as I remember the last cruise I took a few years back. I can see that everything has been cut back and is much more frugal generally. Cushions on the sum beds around the walking deck areas were turquoise coloured (once) and Covered in stains. Not at all what we expected to see. I had no desire to sit on any of them without putting down a towel first. On the lido deck, everything was brown and colourless, making the ship look drab and uninviting. In the gym, half the equipment was not working, and there were classes held in what was a very small area, making it difficult to even get in there. I should also post out that there was nowhere for people to dance (I mean proper dancing) lots f people like to walk, or maybe line dance, but there is no dance floor on Noordam apart from in BB Kings night club, (which doubles as America’s Test Kitchen during the day, twice a day, every day....) Overall, we were very disappointed with Holland America. If this is 4* cruising, then I would hate to be on a ship with only 3*. I would also say that HA needs to check out its up an coming geriatrics, ie those of us in our 60’s now, as we still have plenty of life in us. The older ‘old people’ currently cruising, won’t be around In another few years, and there will be no market for my generation if the nature of the cruise is not reviewed. I say this not only for myself but for others who we met on this cruise and who voiced similar comments. On. Plus note, the staff are incredible, and HA should be very grateful for that!!!

Cruise from Vancouver to Auckland.

Noordam Cruise Review by Swinky2

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Signature Superior Verandah Suite

Swinky2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SY 8075
Very poor condition, rust around the bathroom door. Grouting black in the bathroom and mushroom coloured bathroom suite. Shower head fell down all the time and could only be used if propped up. Sofa and chair a faded red leather, no USB ports. Lots of rust and chairs in need of work on the balcony. Desperate for a refurbishment. Incredibly disappointing for a suite. Only good thing, the space, but we paid for that didn’t we?
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins