3. Norwegian Dawn
It was a great way to see a number of islands in the eastern Caribbean. The value seemed like a deal and the 10 day length gave me enough time to see several islands on one trip. I scheduled several shore excursions and purchased a 7-day specialty meal package. I was a little disappointed my travel agent didn't take advantage of the "Free at Sea" promotion Norwegian was running at the time. It offered unlimited bar, free wifi/internet, a few free excursions, and several specialty meals. Now - to the trip. The embarkation process was fairly organized and with a little patience, not too bad of an experience. The cabin was as described - I suppose a little roomier than a standard balcony stateroom, but certainly not large. My biggest problem was - the location ... it was under the deck floor for the dining/pool area. Every morning at 4:30am, I was lucky enough to have a built in wake up call. The crew would BANG, DROP, DRAG and scrape the furniture across the wood deck ( which happened to be my ceiling) without consideration to time or where they were working. I went up the first day to explain to them they were above people's cabins and they looked at me like I was from MARS. Needless to say, it continued for every day of the cruise. If I cruise on Norwegian again, I will NEVER make the mistake of not knowing where my cabin is with regard to floors above and below. It was enough to make my cruise experience not a good one. The food on the cruise was better than average - I found the specialty restaurants were very good and the RSVP process was easy. The shore excursions were fun - not cheap - but easy and very well organized. Overall, it was a good trip ... however, I'm on the fence if I'll use Norwegian for my next cruise.

First time with Norwegian