3. Norwegian Sun
Although the Norwegian Sun has been recently renovated, they have a serious problem with proper ventilation. Smoke from the casino and designated smoking areas infiltrated the public areas of the ship. Why do they put designated smoking areas near the pool and over the aft eating area? It makes no sense. We felt that we could not get away from the smell of smoke. For whatever reason, Norwegian did not have my correct credit card number. I did not know this until three days into the voyage, when I received a curt letter informing me, "your onboard account has been deactivated and your signing privileges have been suspended." I am a Platinum member of Norwegian and found this shockingly offensive! How about a little courtesy; maybe something like, "Would you kindly come to Guest Services at your earliest convenience regarding the credit card we have on record for you." This kind of interaction with a longtime loyal guest is a surefire way to lose a customer. My next cruise will not be on Norwegian; I've just booked with Viking. This cruise had six sea days. There should be a far bigger selection of movies available to watch on television. There were only two movie channels and the same movies were recycled over and over and over again. Also, instead of the TV being mounted in front of the bed, it was way over to the right side of the cabin, which made watching in bed very uncomfortable. The Cruise Director had such a strong accent that we could hardly understand any of his announcements. This could be a safety issue in an emergency.

Cigarette smoke everywhere, and rudeness

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Widor

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Widor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 0006
What one would expect, though the TV was poorly located.
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Lima
    This excursion was the reason we took this cruise. It was absolutely fabulous, although very expensive! Norwegian did a superb job on this one, in spite of some travel glitches (like the charter flight from Peru to Chile was not cleared and we had to wait a couple of hours in Peru for clearance; then once landing in Arica, Chile, there airport was virtually closed--only one customs official to take care of registering all 56 of us. But it was all part of the adventure.
    View All 13,583 Lima Cruise Port Reviews