3. Norwegian Getaway
This was my third time sailing with Norwegian and second time in the Haven. As part of my fare, I had the Ultimate Dining Package as well as the Unlimited Beverage Package(UBP). 1) On the first night I had a reservation at Ocean Blue and upon checking in with the hostess she informed me of a $12.00 up-charge, but when I booked my trip I was never informed of any up-charges, I searched on-line when returning home and I did not see any mention of this up-charge. 2) On or about the second day of the cruise I ordered room service in my cabin and the butler informed me there would be a $4.00 charge for a soda. I informed him I had the UBP and he told me that it was a room service charge. 3) When I booked my trip, I told the NCL agent I should get the Past Guest Offer for December and January, which was $100.00 Free Onboard Spend. I never received the onboard credit. I went to guest services on the last night of the cruise and asked to speak with a supervisor and was told rather rudely to wait in line and speak to agent at the counter, after waiting in line for 30 minutes I was told by the customer service agent that there was nothing that could be done, although she told me I should not have been charged for the soda and there was no supervisor available. I am not complaining about a $4.00 soda rather I take it as an insult. When I have to show the butler my card and tell him I have the UBP and continues to tell me he has to charge me, I expect better than that when I am spending the kind of money I spent. I was amazed at how much the quality of service has changed in four years. The reason I booked this trip was that I enjoyed it so much on my first sailing aboard the Getaway because the staff was pleasant and were intent on seeing to your enjoyment. This time the staff seemed like they didn’t really care. It seems all NCL is interested in is money not the quality of service there customers receive. I was so sick of being bombarded with buy this and buy that every night. Needless to say, you can see that I was very disappointed. The friends that I sailed with were displeased as well. I will never sail with NCL again and will be posting this letter to Facebook, and other social media sites. I understand NCL is in business to make money, but they should not screw their best paying-customers at every chance. I sail with a different cruise line every year. Also as a poker player, I was amazed that the casino takes 25% on tournaments and 10% rake on cash games. It is literally a vacuum cleaner from the very second you enter the ship. All companies should make a profit, but they should not blatantly try to rob you at every turn.

A money vacuum cleaner

BruiceJ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 16128
The cabin was very nice. Service is another story. For the money you pay to be in the Haven, you would think maybe they would cater to you a little better. When you order room service for a sandwich & soda and you are informed the soda is $4.00, mind you I have to Ultimate Beverage Package. Really!!!!!!!
Deck 16 Suite Cabins