3. Norwegian Epic
We chose Norwegian because this was a family trip and we had sailed on Norwegian several times before. We have also cruised on other lines such as Celebrity, Windstar, Holland America, Regent and AMA. I was somewhat anxious when we booked the cruise because the ship is so large, but it was for a family vacation so I thought it would be okay. One of the reasons we chose Norwegian is for the Haven Suites. When cruising on a large ship, I prefer to have a suite where I have space to get away from the larger crowds on deck and have breakfast away from the hectic buffet. In the past, Norwegian has been great with the Haven Suites. We had two small children traveling with us, ages 6 and 2, but they were not staying in the Haven Suites. When I booked the cruise and during the initial tour of the Haven Suites, we were told that the children could swim in the Haven Suite pool as our guests. We were also told they could come eat with us two times as our guests during the week cruise. We brought them on a port day to swim after we returned from our excursion and for some lunch. I took them to the informal area so they wouldn't be a nuisance in the more formal dining area. The female concierge came over and said we were limited to bringing them and they would charge us $20 a person for the lunch. Okay, that is fine, no biggie. They swam for about an hour. There were very few people in the Haven Suite area and only one other child in the pool. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The next time we brought them to the pool, it was in the morning. There were only two other adults in the whole pool area and no one in the pool. The female concierge came and told us they could not swim there, that only Haven Suite members could swim. I said this is not what you said the day of the tour or yesterday when they were swimming. She said that is the rules. I asked to see these rules as it is not in the contract, she said it is not a written rule. I spoke to the male concierge and then the Asst. Hotel Manager. They said it is a discretionary rule, there is no written rule. Unbelievable!!!!! I honestly can say in all the times I have cruised, I have never encountered a person as rude as the female concierge. Along with this incident, the whole cruise was a disappointment. The service was very slow particularly in the restaurants and to getting your room cleaned. There were multiple times we would return to the room in the evening after the show and my daughter's room had not been turned down, which had to happen since they were using one of the beds that fold into the ceiling. The Haven Suite cabins are very small. Nothing like what we have had on other Norwegian ships or on Celebrity or Holland America. The food was below average in the main dining room. Stay out of there. The food in the specialty restaurants was good, but again, extremely slow service. In the SPA, they seem to be more interested in selling you additional services then doing a good job on the service you did purchase. And if you tell them you don't want any additional services, they become rude. The one bright spot of the cruise was the entertainment. The Cirque show and the Burnin the Floor Show are outstanding!!!! But the entertainment alone didn't make up for the unpleasantness of the rest of the cruise. I was a Norwegian advocate up to this cruise, now we will not cruise on Norwegian again, the experience was just that bad :( And unfortunately, we were not the only ones, we heard many passengers complaining about the service. It seemed the crew was really struggling. Very unfortunate.

Norwegian Epic an EPIC Fail

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Rayben

Rayben’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 11321
The cabin is quite small for a suite and oddly laid out. The bed is an oval shape so if you are tall, you need to sleep in the middle or your feet hang off. The balcony is very good, quite spacious. You do get a fair amount of vibration from the ship when sleeping, but not terrible. The service for this cabin was pretty good.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins