3. Ruby Princess
I was not sure what to expect. I was worried I would be bored out at sea. However, that was not the case! There was so much to do and it took careful planning each day to make sure I had my fill of interesting entertainment. I absolutely loved the phone app! It made planning easier. The food was amazing in every venue. The wait for Anytime Dining was at most 10 minutes some nights. Our cabin had an attentive steward. The beds were extremely comfortable. Everything was clean. Ports were easy to get on and off the ship. I chose to walk around Cabo San Lucas and then in both Matzalan and Puerto Vallarta, I found a taxi driver to give me a local city tour. I was not disappointed. I had so much fun that I am plan to come back in a month and do the same cruise again, then setting my sights on an Alaskan cruise.

Fantastic First-Timer

voechting’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A634
Our cabin did not have anyone looking down on us. It was right in the middle, near the back of the ship and hardly felt the ship move at all. Very quiet and never heard the neighbors. Everything was clean and comfortable.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    I did not sign up for an excursion. Decided to "wing it." Got off the ship and walked through the town until I got tired and came back to the boat. Not impressed by the city and the excursions were not on my list of "had to do."
    View All 1,303 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
  • Los Angeles
    Live locally, so just got on and off at this port. Very easy access. Nice employees that helped get me through quickly.
    View All 517 Los Angeles Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Los Angeles Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Took a taxi to the bascilica. Walked around the church and the park across the street. Then walked up two blocks to indoor shopping. The variety of goods and food stuff was amazing. Then took a taxi to the Art Museum. It was free and took less than an hour. Walked across the street to the Archeological Museum, but they wanted 45 pesos (no American money). Since I didn't have any, I skipped it. Then walked to the beach and visited the statues along the beach. Then I grabbed another taxi and he gave me an hour long city tour. Cheap day for under $25 dollars and saw everything I wanted to see.
    View All 48 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    I walked off the ship and found another couple that wanted a city tour. We asked around and got a 3.5 hour tour in an air conditioned van for $25 each. The man spoke perfect English and had great insights into the city. We even stopped for a tequila tour.
    View All 55 City Tour Reviews