3. National Geographic Explorer
There are not enough words to describe Lindblad's trip from Antartica. Arriving in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Transiting to Ushuaia via charter. Four hour catamaran cruise through the Beagle Channel. Safety, logistics and timing were impeccable in a very dynamic weather environment. National Geographic Explorer is a class 1 A ice breaker. Peter Wilson is an experienced expedition leader. When you are at the end of the world, it was important to have confidence in the staff making daily decisions. Everyday was an excursions into the land of penguins, seals, whales and immense glaciers, that dwarf anything you think you know. And learn we did. There were 2 passengers for every naturalist, who had diverse specialty interests which they shared with us. I learned a lot from the National Geographic photographer, Todd Gipstein. The 3 National Geographic teachers also shared their views about educating children in todays world, which I found very interesting since my first grand baby was born while I was on this trip.This world will be hers. We must make a commitment to maintain Antartica's pristine ecology. This trip had spectacular, photographic scenery. It was much more than that. Lindblad's trip to to Antartica is a transformative experience.You will never be able to look at the world as you did, nor should you.

Journey to Antartica

National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review by rmcgavin

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Antarctica

I learned a lot from the National Geographic photographer, Todd Gipstein.

rmcgavin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Explorer price drops

A little water was leaking on the carpet from when the rogue wave hit 3 windows on our floor on there trip before ours.