3. Navigator of the Seas
We were supposed to sail from Southampton to Boston, New York, Port Canaveral and Miami. However, we were called on th Friday afternoon before the Monday cruise and told that due to storms in the Atlantic we would now go to Le Havre, Brugges and then Miami. Not quite the same appeal! We were offered a full refund if we cancelled but as booked the flights ourselves and non refundable hotel rooms in Miami we would have had to claim through our travel agent so we had no choice but to go. Having been to France and Belguim on numerous RC cruises, we were really not looking forward to the cruise even with the $200 OBC for the changes and 20% off what we paid for this cruise towards another. I did ask if there were really storms in the Atlantic or whether it was an excuse to have further repairs to the Ship after last weeks accident with the stabiliser making a large hole in the hull. I was told it was fully repaired. When we checked in on the Monday, I was told it was actually repaired this morning after people had disembarked. However, at the lifeboat drill the Captain said due to a gap in the storm we would now go to Gran Canria, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral and Miami so things looked better. 3 rough days at sea, due to storms was not too bad, have had worse in Iceland! Gran Canaria was ok, then it got warmer as we cruised towards Perfect Day Coco Cay (RC's private island). That morning the sea turned choppy and I had a feeling the tenders wouldn't be able to get us ashore. Unfortunately the captain soon came on and told us the same. We promptly turned around and left what looked like a building site (lots of work going on for next year) and went to Freeport Bahamas. Lots of shops but not much else. Worth noting that RC were charging whatever they could for excursions on Coco Cay, even for floating mat which seemed a rip off. I guess they want us to pay for the island for them. At this point it became a case of guess which port we are going to next. Then we went to Port Canaveral which was great. We had originally booked a tour of the space centre but was then told that due to immigration it would not be possible to have a guided tour and instead they would just take us there and we had to get around ourselves. At this point we were so used to changes we didn't care. So, we spent the day at the Space Centre at our leisure before heading to Miami. Cabin was good, central location which helped make the rough seas feel not as bad. We had to ask for bath robes and toiletries. Surprisingly our crown and anchor free gifts were in the cabin - normally I spend 2 days chasing. I was due a free gift for reaching 240 points on my June cruise so asked the diamond concierge about it. Was told I would receive it later in the cruise but did not. There was no sign of him the last few mornings in the lounge and he ignored the note I left for him. Thanks Ken! Emailed when I returned and it was posted out to me but not a good example of how to treat loyal customers. Food was very good. Slow setting up in the Windjammer for lunch and sometimes food was cold as had been left out whilst setting up. Staff very friendly and helpful. Was disappointed they only had the UHTmilk which tasted awful. Shops were the usual overpriced expensive items and the usual $10 tat sales. Lots to do during the day and evening though. Lessons learnt - never assume where you book is where you are going. Book refundable rooms if making your own plans for the start or end of your cruise Pack a mixture of clothes as some people were caught up with the change if destination and climate.

Transatlantic cruise - with daily itinerary changes

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by custard75

custard75’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Good central location which make a difference in tough seas. Not far from electors. Also easy to walk down one level to the shops and cafe.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans