3. Sapphire Princess
I've cruised on Princess many times and saw a great offer for this cruise. I'm sorry I took it, this was the worst cruise I've taken. My cabin was not clean; there was rotting fruit in the refrigerator and toenail clippings on the floor of the balcony. There was hair all over the desk, and paperwork that appeared to be from the previous cruise. Additionally, the wall base was coming loose and created a tripping hazard right at the bathroom door. I brought these issues to the attention of my room steward, and they were addressed that evening. There was a water leak right outside my cabin door and it soaked everything put in the mail slot. It took 6 days and several calls to guest services to fully resolve the problem, even though every time I spoke to guest services, they said it was reported as fixed. On 3 occasions, I was in my cabin while they looked for the leak and attempted repairs. At no time was a message left in the cabin or on the phone indicating the problem that I reported had been fixed. And even though I asked that nothing be put in the mail slot, everything was. I was eventually told by an engineering supervisor that it would have to be repaired on a port day, after notification to all cabins affected. I came back to my cabin one port day to find the corridor a mess and a bunch of people working on the water line, but I never received notification that the work was going to occur. There seemed to be a gross lack of communication and a clear lack of follow up inspections by supervisory personnel. Princess eventually gave me $100 room credit, but I feel that it wasn't nearly enough for the trouble. Data services did not work in the cabin at all and were very slow, even in the internet cafe. All of the tours were rushed, with no real shopping time, and little time at any of the sites. At some locations stops were made that weren't on the posted itinerary, and weren't appropriate for cruisers. On 2 tours, were were outside during thunderstorms, but there was no protocol for protecting passengers during this situation - or the flooded road we drove on in one instance. Although all of the tours were 4+ hours, meals/snacks were not included, and no time allotted for eating. The only tour that included a meal was the disembarkation tour I took in Singapore, where they took us to a seafood restaurant - I happen to be allergic to shellfish, and was not aware that we would be eating in such a place until we were on the tour.

Tours Were All Rushed

ozgrljo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC L247
The cabin was adequate, not as nice as those on other cruise lines, and not as large as I used to get on Princess cruises - it had only a chair at the desk, and another smallish chair for seating; the closet is open; 2 drawers in the desk and 2 in each night stand, plus a 'wardrobe' in the closet area. Cabin was dirty when I boarded and needed minor maintenance as well. The shower pan had numerous cracks and appeared to need replacement. There was rust at the ceiling inside the cabin door and rusty water stains running down the wall.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Wooden Pavilion at Sanctuary of Truth
    The Sanctuary of Truth is absolutely incredible! It's too bad there was so little time (@ 1-1/2 hours) to take it all in.
    Once again, any indication that you are going to Bangkok is far fetched - it takes hours to reach there, leaving little time on the ground. So one should consider the distance and length of the bus ride.
    View All 14 Wooden Pavilion at Sanctuary of Truth Reviews
  • Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
    To call this a Ho Chi Minh City cruise stop is absolutely misleading! It was hours by bus to go there, and my tour didn't get anywhere even close. Total waste of time, but again, Princess felt we needed to see yet another local market - which would be great if you were bringing fish and fruit home.
    First we received an explanation that these weren't the big tunnels many people expected to see (when we received our tickets), then later we received a letter saying the hospital was inaccessible. We were taken to see a marble cross erected in honor of Australian solders who lost their lives in a nearby battle, and a short trip to see the actual battlefield, which has nothing identifying it as such. Then another drive to see a school the Australians funded and what the tour guide identified as an airfield built by the Americans - this turned out to be the street we drove on, and there is nothing to prove that it was ever an airfield or landing strip.
    View All 12,442 Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Cruise Port Review
  • Koh Samui
    The temple was interesting, but with all of the other stops, there wasn't much time on the ground and one had to decide between souvenir shopping or going up the steps to really see the Big Buddha - I would have preferred time for both. We had thunderstorms on this day and the route to the Monkey demonstration location was flooded in many spots. At the deepest location, the driver found a way around the worst of it, but we still drove through several flooded areas, the stood in the rain for the demonstration - I felt sorry for the monkeys, but they may not mind as much as I imagined.
    View All 12,442 Koh Samui Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Koh Samui Cruise Port Review
  • Nha Trang
    While the sites on my tour were amazing, there wasn't enough time to enjoy them. Unfortunately, Princess feels it is more important that we stop at local markets. The embroidery place we stopped really isn't equipped for souvenir shopping and had nothing at all that was reasonably priced. While interesting, I would rather have been able to bring something home.
    View All 62 Nha Trang Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nha Trang Cruise Port Review
  • Botanic Gardens
    Specifically the Orchid Garden - we were only given 30 minutes, which was not nearly enough time to see even this portion of the Botanical Garden and enjoy it or take photos. The other stops were on a hill to take in the scenery, at a shopping center to take photos along the water line (Mer-Lion), lunch which was inappropriately limited to a seafood restaurant (bad for shellfish allergy sufferers), and China Town (this was the longest stop for some inexplicable reason). The remainder of the 6 hour tour was spent driving around.
    View All 26 Botanic Gardens Reviews