3. Celebrity Equinox
This was my 65 cruise cruising on 11 different cruise lines that include Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America, Disney, Costa, Cunard, and Celebrity. This was my 16 cruise on Celebrity (I am an Elite member of Celebrity captain’s club program). I am 47 years old. Hotel Info: We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown night before the cruise. We had lunch at Perricone's Marketplace and Cafe that was within walking distance from the hotel. I rate the hotel and restaurant a perfect score. You are within the financial district and it is very clean and I felt safe. Ship Info: Celebrity is one of our favorites when we are traveling with just adults. We sailed in November for 11 nights when school was in session, so the average age was probably around 60. Even if school was out, there usually is not as many children compared to other cruise lines that offer a lot of family activities (water slides, etc). The ship was extremely clean. We were fortunate to have Captain Kate on this sailing. She is very friendly and funny and I truly enjoyed having her as a captain. If you have the opportunity to have her as your captain, make sure you go to her question and answer session towards the end of the cruise. We love sitting in the solarium pool area because it is peaceful. The solarium also has a small healthy breakfast and lunch buffet in the corner I enjoyed. Activities: If you want to take some gym classes (yoga, spinning), you should make reservations on the first day for these classes. It costs around $15 per class. Service: Service was friendly in all areas. Towards the beginning of our cruise, we found a comment card that we could fill out inside of our cabin. I filled it out and put a positive comment for someone in the dining room and someone in the aqua spa in the solarium. I handed the comment card to guest relations. Within a couple of days, both of those employees came up to me and thanked me for the positive comments. I can tell it made their day and I’m going to make sure to do this going forward on every cruise. Shore Excursions: we had a lot of rain on this cruise so out of the six stops, we only had the opportunity to enjoy some good weather at two locations. At St. Croix, we got off the cruise and took a cab to Rainbow Beach. I plan to go there again because it was clean, friendly, had a restaurant, and you could rent umbrellas and chairs. Plus, nobody was trying to solicit you. If there was nice weather in Barbados, we were going to go to Carlisle Bay because it was next to the pier and the captain recommended it. If I go back to St Lucia again, I would book an excursion with the cruise line because I didn’t like the “pushy” feeling of their taxis and the service at the beach. We went to Rodney Beach and it was beautiful but every 10 minutes, someone tried to sell us something. One local dropped his glass bottle (after he finished drinking it) on the beach in front of me and left it there when I said no thank you to what he was selling. Stateroom: We stayed in a concierge balcony on this sailing; however, our favorite category is Aqua Class because we enjoy the Blu Restaurant and the Persian Gardens Spa area. We only book these categories when it is a great deal. Otherwise, we book an inside cabin. Dining: Before you order your meal, ask the waiter what they recommend. If you don’t like what they brought you, they will bring you something new immediately. Another tip, asked to have the cheese and cracker plate they offer during dessert brought to you before your appetizers so you can enjoy them before your meal. If you don’t like crowds, eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch instead of the buffet. The specialty restaurants are excellent too (especially Tuscan and Morano). If you want to eat in a specialty restaurant, I recommend booking it in advance and not on the same nights as their Evening Chic nights because I find those nights have great menus in the main dining room. To avoid the first day lunch buffet crowd, go to a specialty restaurant when you get on board. We normally would go to the sushi restaurant after embarkation because it isn’t busy; well worth the money. Because we were part of the concierge‘s class, we received a private luncheon in the main dining room on embarkation day. The pastries and desserts at Cafe al Bacio are free and very good! Plus, if you have the beverage package, the coffees and teas are included. If you have the beverage package, make sure you try some of their homemade juices and smoothies in the solarium. Dress Code: They offer two Evening Chic nights, less than 50% were dressed up in a suit/dress. Most people dressed business causal during the dinners. Entertainment: We saw a few of their shows and enjoyed them. If you want to see them, they are usually at 7 pm and 9 pm. Disembarkation: If you want to carry all your bags off the ship by yourself, they will let you off starting at around 7 a.m.

Amazing time regardless of all the rain

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by The_Great_Escape