3. Royal Princess
I must say, embarkation and debarkation were the best I've ever had on all the cruises I've done. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that we are now in a higher level as a Princess passenger but we also had a Club Class balcony mini suite which offers many extra perks. We felt the quality of the food in the main dining room was lacking its quality compared to our past Princess cruises. I thought my prime rib had a total different flavor than what I am used to and especially when we had the filet mignon. That didn't taste anything like a good steak should! The service was also a little slow. Could be because we had any time dining and therefore you never know which wait staff you will have. On previous cruises we would choose the early dining time and have the same table every night and always had a good time with that but now on cruises we choose anytime dining so it doesn't interfere with any other activities we're doing daily that may interfere with the assigned dining time. The first evening nothing was said for dress code reasons however, the second evening my husband was wearing very nice dress shorts and a nice polo shirt. A staff member mentioned to us about proper attire and then let us go to a table. I just don't understand why men can't wear nice dress shorts yet a female can and not only that, even a jeans skirt! By the third evening, we were enjoying the Horizon Court buffet every night. They have a great variety and it's different each evening too. We even went there on the 2nd formal night and realized we didn't even have to get all fancied up for dinner again! if it had been just my husband and myself we most likely would have gone to the main dining room but others didn't care for the menu choices so that's why we kept eating dinner at the Horizon Court. I do believe that certain cruise lines have cutback on particular evening menu items. When I was expecting surf and turf one night, it wasn't even lobster being served! It was some type of shrimp dish along with a type of steak. That was very disappointing. I personally felt the evening entertainment was lacking for the 30+ age group. My husband and I had good entertainment but I felt sorry for my son and his girlfriend as they did not have good late night entertainment as previous cruises had. No dance club! No late-night comedians! Also, this time of year we knew there would not be many families with young children, yet had a feeling the average age on this Cruise would be around 40+ and we were correct. The overall entertainment and activities should have been more lively to please ALL adult passengers. We did have a wonderful bartender at Crooners we called "Jo" and she was the best! One day we all wanted to sit just outside the bar area on Deck and Jo not only delivered our drinks outside to us but also added wonderful olive trays and trail mix too! Also, the nightly piano player adjacent to Crooners has a great voice and plays any song you want to hear. Every night there was audience participation too! Very good entertainer! Our room steward, Ben, was very kind and friendly every single day. Even though our gratuities were all prepaid, we gave Ben an added bonus the last night for all his extra efforts. The biggest disappointment for us on this ship was the layout in the Princess Theatre. Unlike other Princess ships as well as other cruise ships we've been on, you could easily bypass others sitting and also would have a small tray or cup holders between all seats. Not on this ship! There wasn't any room for waiter service either, so you better make sure you grab a drink or two before even going to find seats! The quality of the shows where just okay and we only went twice. We just didn't like the feeling of being over-packed in the theater with its tight sitting. That's another important note! If you are an individual that weighs probably more than 180 pounds you won't be comfortable at all in the seats they have provided. The shows and entertainment nightly on the promenade deck we're very good but then again, no real place to sit around and watch unless you were already at one of the bars surrounding the area or standing along all the stairways and balconies looking down at the show. The gift shops we're all very nice.... Typical of what I've seen on all ships. My one disappointment was that I only became aware of the special sale for "gold and silver by the inch" on our last night at sea! I was told by staff that it had begun 2 nights previously but was never listed in the daily Princess Patter newsletter! Bummer! I wasted over an hour and a half just waiting till my turn! They only had two salespersons working and the place was mobbed, and they also did not have very good experience because they took forever trying to connect the clasps on all pieces! This is all I can think of for now. I know I have listed both pros and cons from this cruise and I wanted you to know that I still fully intend to continue cruising! Sure you have good and bad wherever you go and what makes it better this how you make it fun yourself and that's what we did!

First disappointment with Princess

D & D Cruisers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 M236
These cabins are nice and spacious. Bathroom is much nicer having the tub/shower combination with adjustable removable shower head. Only disappointment was that we had issues with our second TV and they never got around to fix it so basically we had 1 TV for most of our cruise which was the one over in front of the sofa on the wall, not the one in front of the bed! It wasn't too bad to deal with as we were not in our room that much but it's just the principle matter that bothered me.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins