Caribbean Princess Cruise Review

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Coravet1982

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Was really looking forward to this cruise to try the new Medallion and the new (and supposedly improved) bedding. The Medallion experience worked pretty good the first week in getting into my cabin, but then it pretty much quit working. The internet with the Medallion was a joke and most passengers spent most of their time waiting for one of the crew to help them getting logged on and off (worked much better the old way - in my opinion). Wanted to check out future cruises but couldn't look at Princess.com without using my own minutes (used to be able to do this before Medallion).

You ask me why I wanted to look up future cruises on my own. Well, that would be because the Future Cruise Planner was very rude and didn't have time for passengers. We were told "If you know where you want to go and when, write it down and submit it and it'll get booked". Not at all what my fellow passengers nor I am used to. Very poor representative of Princess!

Now to the absolute worst part of the cruise: the bedding. I've slept on the floor and had it more comfortable. There were huge dips in the bed and kept rolling into them even when I tried to sleep in the middle of two twins put together. The biggest issue were the pillows. My neck hurt every morning when I got up and one morning it hurt so bad it made me so sick that I vomited. If they spent so much time on creating this new bedding, I really feel they wasted a huge part of their life!

There were some good things about the cruise, but someone should really look at the personnel and that are dealing directly with the passengers as they could use some much needed coaching!

Coravet1982's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview
Cabin OF R750

Enjoyed the cabin except for the bedding and the extremely small shower. Maybe if the grab bar and shower gel/shampoo holder were moved, you could at least use the shower without bumping your elbow every time.

Martinique

Several Frenchmen demanded to see many passengers passports before they could disembark at this port. I happened to be in the vicinity at the time and witnessed one of them (apparently drunk) fall down the stairs. Everything I'd heard about the French was reinforced!

Harrison's Cave

Very interesting. Had a great bus driver who gave us fantastic information.

View All 96 Harrison's Cave Reviews
Port of Spain (Trinidad)

Not much to do if you didn't do a shore excursion. Very little shopping.

Curacao

Loved Queen's Bridge. Very cool to see how they maneuver it when ships come into the harbor.

Coravet1982