3. Norwegian Sun
We chose this cruise for the itinerary and we were not disappointed. We travelled the entire length of the Panama Canal and visited Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Chile. We had great shore excursions organized by some of our great roll call members. Waaaay cheaper than the NCL offers. I had read both good and bad reviews for the Norwegian Sun. Personally I found the ship the perfect size. Frankly I don't want or need water slides or thousands of people on a cruise of this type. The refurbished ship looked great especially the large fitness centre. Our inside stateroom chosen for us by NCL was larger than we expected and was a nice surprise. We only dined in either the buffet or complementary dining rooms. The food in the Seven Seas and Four Seasons was so good that we felt that paying extra for the specialty restaurants would be a waste of money. We dined early and the food arrived in good time and was hot. We liked the slower pace of the dining rooms allowing us to take our time and enjoy the meal. I found the buffets offered a good choice of food and we liked the themed nights. We did not purchase any alcohol on ship as we felt that it was overpriced. The drink packages at $69 and $99 per day seemed grossly overpriced. I couldn't conceive drinking that much every day. We found the complimentary tea, coffee, ice tea and lemonade sufficient. Finally the staff were terrific. Our cabin steward Amol was great. He learned my name the first day and always chatted with us about our day. Overall we had a great time and came away happy. Lastly I must mention that we LOVED the Atlantis Strings trio. We listened to them every night. A rare offering of culture amid the usual cruise fare.

Excellent itinerary. Nicely refurbished ship.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by macmilll

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Inside

macmilll’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 9139
As I mentioned the cabin was much larger than we expected. It had a king bed plus an area with a pull out couch. We had two closets and multiple drawers and shelves. There was a desk area and lots of mirrors. The bathroom was the usual small ship one however the water pressure was awesome and the water hot!
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins