3. Carnival Pride
I chose this cruise because I recently moved close to the port and so many individuals have expressed their love of the ship. I took my father, husband and three children on this cruise and it was our first cruise out of a cold port. We expected some cold weather but not most of the days to be cold but that couldn't be helped by Carnival. The staff to embark was excellent and provided one of the best services we have ever experienced, kudos to the Baltimore port. We would on a balcony cabin on the 7th floor, it was quiet windy and the door to the balcony wouldn't shut all the way, however, they rig it to shut most of the way where we couldn't hear much wind coming in from it, although there was coldness that came through the cracks. The ship definitely needs repairs. We indulged in the steakhouse the first two nights and the service and food was excellent, except they didn't seem to have any drinks to serve you that wasn't wine or a martini, no full bar service. When we retreated to the dining room for the remainder of the cruise, the service was equally excellent and even more accommodating and professional with a full bar service. The entertainment and activities were similar to other carnival cruises, enjoyment and well played out for all ages. The shore excursions seemed a bit pricey for the Bahamas ports, more so than the last time I went to those islands so we opted out of paying those prices and just did our own thing. Princess Cays is operated by Carnival so you don't need an excursion there if all you want to do is rent a cabana or just sit on the beach in those blue chairs. NOTE: Buy snorkeling gear at home to bring or on the ship, ANYTHING is cheaper than renting or buying them on the island. The children enjoyed the cruise, however, my ten year old twins weren't impressed with the kids club for their age, there was not a lot of good activities for them. I would go on the pride again for the excellent port of service and the staff on board but to another location.

Staff/service was excellent for the most part, cruise was relaxing even in cold.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Ladybug401

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Ladybug401’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Cabin 7127, where my children stayed still had an open bottle of wine in it when we arrived, however, the stateroom attendant was very good about cleaning up around their schedule and very professional and friendly toward them. Our cabin 7121 was kept clean and tidy.
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans