3. Koningsdam
We selected this cruise to try Holland America plus the itinerary included some new islands for us. From day one to day 11, was just a fabulous experience! Cabins were ready as soon as we embarked; we rolled our own luggage onboard, so were unpacked before heading to the Lido for lunch. Absolutely LOVED the service in the Lido; everyone was friendly and helpful! Appreciated that most items were plated for you; I learned later that HAL has cut down on food waste using this method (and I'm sure on germ proliferation as well!) The entertainment was top notch; I think we attended almost every performance at Lincoln Center Stage. The quintet was fabulous!! Rolling Stone was a fun venue (Jennifer and Edmund and "Bird" at the bar were fantastic!) B B King and Billboard featured incredible professional musicians! The dance group "One Step" performed twice during our cruise in the World Stage....amazing! We also attended two shows by Dan Chopin (comedian) and one by Hyperion Knight (piano virtuoso)...both were wonderful! Food was fabulous in the Lido and Main Dining Room, as well as the smaller areas....The Dive and New York Pizza...yummy! We did get the Signature Drink Package...and squeezed every bit out of it that we could! First day, we met Lee, who seemed to be our personal wine steward...she was fabulous! We did not try any of the specialty restaurants, as included dining options were so delicious! Our room stewards were wonderful; very attentive and soft spoken. They took such good care of us (although we aren't very messy cruisers!)...names were Fauzi and Adi. We spent a lot of time in the Crow's Nest (Norgie was our favorite server) even before our amazingly crowded Meet & Greet! On the last day, we even were treated to a "sail-by" of the newest HAL ship....Nieuw Statendam! Cruise Director Thomas was very approachable and friendly! He had the perfect Cruise Director voice during announcements - we wondered if he talks like that all the time! Ha! And Captain Timmers...what a hoot! He told gloriously funny stories during the "Ask the Captain" session in the World Stage. I heard that there were some glitches onboard, due to the ship just coming out of dry dock...but nothing bothered me at all. I loved every minute of our cruise on Koningsdam...will not be our last for sure!

11 Glorious Days on the Koningsdam

Maggie North’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin A 5121
Cabin was wonderful! Lots of space, tons of storage space. We upgraded from ocean view just before we sailed, but were not sure if we would use the verandah enough. We spent a lot of time on the verandah just looking at the horizon! Bathroom was fantastic; loved the huge glass enclosed shower. There was floor lighting to help find the bathroom in the middle of the night...so helpful! I understand that this might have been part of the upgrades during dry dock in early December. Bed was so comfortable!
Schubert Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins