3. Star Princess
We choose this cruise is because we have never been to South America. We took an excursion in Puntaeranes, Costa Rica and could not find the bus that was supposed to take us to St. Jose. There were no guides at the terminal and we asked the bus drivers where our bus was and was directed to outside the gates of the terminal but the bus was actually the first bus in the terminal closes to the cruise ship gate. The food was very salty especially the soup which cannot be consumed. In the Royal Princess, there were 2 pots, one salted and the other not salted and we could blend both soups to make it not too salty. The food is also very salty, not like on other Princess ships. The menu was always the same especially at breakfast. The entertainment was excellent and we enjoyed the production shows. Service was sometimes lacking especially in the early mornings when half the staff was not on duty yet although the restaurant was open. The cabin was comfortable. I would avoid Star Princess in my future cruises. I will stick to Royal or Regal which are better managed although the Captain of Star Princess was very attentive and resolve problems on the spot.

Our tour was disorganized and the food was too salty

Star Princess Cruise Review by albert_houston

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
We choose this cruise is because we have never been to South America.

The cabin was comfortable.

albert_houston’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD A614
Room is comfy and quiet and clean.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins