3. Norwegian Sky
This cruise was a gift and I was grateful for the opportunity, but let me be frank with you in the following description. Little did we know the disappointment we’d meet at the very entrance with their prolonged entry wait. Services bragged about the boat docking early at 7am and said we should be boarding soon, that was around 3pm. We didn’t board till almost 7pm. There are numerous inconsistencies with information. It was difficult to be positive given the back to back frustrations. They did do their part to serve alcohol endlessly, which is honestly the only perk to riding this cruise line. The food was comparable to school rated lunches. There was hardly any quality. The dining services really tried to make up for what was lacking on the ship. They were great and did their best. The entertainment shows were subpar, which I guess good be ameliorated by alcohol consumption. I was tired of being asked condescendingly if I was of age to drinks, easy fix: mark it on the embarkation card that obviously took so long to make. Might as well put all the necessary information on there. The daily itinerary needs to be revamped as there was so much clutter and the most important information wasn’t highlighted nor clear. There were several areas with severely musty smells and the crew struggled to relieve areas of the stench. The towels and bed sheets were stained with questionable substances and made its cleanliness questionable. The worst part of it all was my inability to rest because of their BED BUG INFESTION on level 8 (and possibly beyond). 3 sets of cabins from our group were later confirmed to have traces of bed bugs. That NEEDS to be a priority to resolve. A lot of passerby crew members were smartasses and that was an unnecessary amount of sass I witnessed repeatedly directed at many people on the ship. The crew really tried to make a pleasant vacation, but there were too many areas of disenchantment that they couldn’t make up for it. Hence the draw to ride the cruise because of INCLUDED alcohol. It’s not freee because you pay the price with all of these discomforts. Their 2013 remodeling should’ve been more drastic because it didn’t do it much justice in this modern day era of cruising. Also with their obsession with spraying alcohol or hand sanitizer did not cover up the fact that several of the soap dispensers weren’t working in the public restrooms. To conclude I would not recommend this cruise for families especially with minors seeing all the inappropriate behavior of everyone taking advantage of the unlimited drinks which were poorly handled, given that half the time crew asked for the room key to swipe and the other half they gave up because it was too much work on top of the demand.

Bed Bugs