3. Vision of the Seas
I was so excited about Royal Caribbean bringing a cruise ship back to New Orleans that I booked 3 cruises for the short time the ship will be here. I want Royal to do well so they will bring a better ship here in the future. On this first cruise out of New Orleans, I sailed with a friend. If this had been my first cruise on Royal, I would never come back. Fortunately for Royal, this was my 24th cruise with Royal so I know they can do better. Vision of the Seas is a small, 20 year old ship. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the larger, newer ships. But that wasn’t the issue with this cruise. On Day 3 of the cruise, we came back from a shore excursion to see blowers in the hall and a card in the door from the floor supervisor. Our junior suite #8546 was in total disarray with a huge blower in the cabin. A pipe had broken in the wall and flooded the carpet in our cabin. They said they needed us to move to another junior suite on the other side of the ship for one night. They couldn’t move us for the rest of the cruise because someone had booked it and might show up in the next port!!! They would rather inconvenience us than a no show who may or may not show up! So we moved everything we needed to get ready for dinner and to sleep and cancelled our shore excursion for the next day since we needed to move back to our original cabin early in the day in case the mystery guests arrived in Roatan. In turns out we would not have wanted to stay in junior suite 8044 anyway because it was hot and located right under the ping pong tables. We ended up wasting the entire day. A day later, we came back into our cabin to wet carpet again. The floor supervisor claimed it was a different pipe this time. They decided to replace the carpet this time and were supposed to do it while we were at dinner. We came back after dinner to find the suite in total disarray again. Another call to the floor supervisor revealed that the carpet team was so busy cleaning carpets from seasick passengers that they didn’t have time to finish the job in our suite. At this point, we were just done! They eventually replaced the carpet and put the beds back in place. With much back and forth with the guest relations manager, we negotiated for a future cruise credit equal to what we paid for the cruise. At least Royal will get a do over for this disaster.

Worst Cruise Ever

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by LoloS

LoloS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J2 8546
Major issues with water intrusion from broken pipes in the adjacent hallway. (See overall review for details).
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    Very rustic beach club. Traveled through a very poor section of Mexico for 25 minutes before getting to the beach. The water wasn’t clear and the bar and restrooms were converted cargo containers. It took quite a while for a taxi to arrive to take us back to the ship. Would not recommend this excursion.