3. Norwegian Bliss
The Bliss now has been added to my list of favorite ships. The vessel itself is beautiful with everything in a logical place with the notable exception of Le Bistro, which is oddly hidden on an upper deck. The crew is fantastic, led by Jovo as Hotel Director. Everyone is friendly, caring and helpful. For me, the crew makes or breaks the experience, and this group made mine a joy throughout the week. The food was consistently at least good, with some excellent. Most of my dinners were in specialty restaurants, all of which performed well. Menus seem to change almost every month, which adds variety, but inevitably results in removal of my favorite items. I realize that’s a corporate issue, not a ship decision, but it’s worth mentioning anyway. The entertainment was excellent, led by the two big shows: Havana and Jersey Boys. Both were major productions with very talented casts. The Beatles tribute band also was great, including their theater show on the last night. Silas, the Cruise Director, did a wonderful job, backed up by an excellent cruise staff. I was in a balcony cabin. If you’ve been in a balcony on any NCL mega-ship (other than the Epic), you know what it’s like. At least they’ve finally improved the interactive TVs to provide more functionality. On the other hand, the internet service was awful. Much of the time, it was hard to log in, slow as an old-fashioned dial-up connection when you could get on, and unable to retrieve email too often because the server would time out. The worst I’ve experienced on any ship. Find a new provider; this is simply unacceptable. I’m anxious to sail on The Bliss again, though it’s scheduled move to New York will make that more difficult. As far as the senior officers, I expect to see many of them again after they launch The Encore next year.

Terrific crew on a beautiful ship

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by lkjacobs

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

lkjacobs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 12156
Typical mega-ship layout for Norwegian. Nothing particularly better or worse than other Breakaway and Breakaway Plus vessels. I’ve been in many of them on various ships, and they provide me what I need. Don’t get too hung up on cabins; you shouldn’t spend much awake time there anyway.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins