3. MSC Musica
Joined the cruise as a group booking for a friend's birthday celebration. Off the bat we were all excited and mostly on the same floor, not next to each other, but that was fine. Accommodation: Rooms and cleaning staff were probably the best part of the trip, neat, friendly staff here too! Dining: Halal: The concept of halal is very confusing on this cruise, we are told meats are halal, but there's ham, bacon, etc. which I fully understand, but one would assume the "Halal corner" would have said halal meats right? No, here we get vegetarian omelettes. Also, having sliced ham next to sliced 'halal' meats is not halal friendly, diners not Muslim easily use utensils across various products. So I stayed away. The real issue came when I experienced these 2 scenarios: Scenario 1: Seated dining, noting 'meats are halal sign at restaurant', where at least 3 of the meals are cooked in wine! This is not on and not acceptable! Scenario 2: At the destination there was a BBQ, whilst dishing at the buffet I asked the server which are halal to which he says 'everything' so I asked, "even the stuff labelled pork?" to which he chuckled and told his colleagues as if it was a fat joke. I am not a religious fanatic, but some mutual respect and common decency is expected when working in a service industry. Buffet (Breakfast & Lunch): let's just say we eventually called the buffet "fight for food" because that is what it felt like. Never mind the queues, the way people over dished and wasted was uncanny. The ship was ill-prepared for the rushes and ran out of food at the one destination too. Seated Dinner: Dining experience was terrible as we weren't all seated near each other, but a few tables away spread across 3 tables. In an effort to maximize mingling we would shuffle ourselves so we all could chat, the waitrons complained about this for each meal and were just uncouth.one even made fun of the way someone pronounced some wine! Unnecessary and disrespectful. Considering the seated dining is considered "fine dining" the way the waiter would ask for the beverage coupons mid meal was rude. Vouchers: MSC we are in the 21st Century, surely the idea of little vouchers (very barter system like) that could get wet on a boat is a bit outdated - unless that is the plan? How about pre-loading this and all other packages onto the cruise card and giving us lanyards so we don't a)stand in queues upon arrival b) lose vouchers c) don't have to constantly carry books around whilst trying to swim!

Bad food, poor service, rude staff (mostly)

MSC Musica Cruise Review by JustCruzin786

JustCruzin786’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Bella
Cabin B1
Clean,neat and tidy. Friendly cleaning staff.
Minuetto Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins