3. Norwegian Jade
Where to start. We took this cruise because it is the only one left in the carribean that we haven't done yet. Flight and pre hotel was good but should have to say that downtown Miami vs. South Beach I would have preferred. Transfer to the ship was supposed to be at 1130 and to be ready by 1115. The concierge called use as we were having breakfast saying it was already there. 50 min early. Craziness. Then at the terminal, it was the usually fight to get through the lineup for security but after that away we went. Was able to store our walk on bags in our rooms right way which was nice. Booked the spa use deal but this ship doesn't have a pool like some of the others. Therefore I didn't use it much and will probably not spent the money on future cruises. Cabin was ok, as an outside with pothole. 4502 is a good size room but you are over the forward thrusters. They make a lot of noise and one of them sounded out of center, like in your washing washing with all the clothes on one side. We even reported it twice but the staff just thought we were crazy. The Stewart did a mediocre, at best attemp to clean our room. We only got two of the stuffed animals on a 10 day cruise. And we are support to tip almost 30$US for This? Food was good overall. We had specialty for four nights and one each for being latitudes. Here was the first of the decreased services we noticed. Prior it was a meal at Le Bistra with a bottle of wine each last member. Now the first one is Le Bistro or Cacney's with the wine. The second is only the food at Le Cucina or Monderno. Also, service except for Cacney's has dropped dramatically. At LaCucina, it was terrible. First , no wine list. Then he came over when I questioned the 2nd bottle I was expecting and he had the wrong name and table. Then my wife was given almost raw noodles and when he brought over the 2nd plate he hovered over her shoulder with one arm on her chairback. Totally unprofessional. Also, they have decreased the hours of operation at the Buffett. Entertainment was ok. The comedians were good, but the illusionist was a joke. Another decreasing over by Norwegian. Shore excursions are getting too pricy. They should start actually taking them to see what we get vs, what is flowery buttered up in the brochure. When it says your going to a beach and what you got is a 8 minute stop with a trinket shop that is probably related to the driver and can see the beach about 3 km away at a road way vantage point, is false advertising. As we were pulling out of the petty, we actually ran I to the pier. A good strike too. Then they almost backed into cargo ships behind us we were on such an angle. Had to rehook up to the pier for inspections for over an hour. Of course nothing was mentioned. Getting off the ship was a nightmare. Was to get off at 0730 but got into the terminal just before 9. Had to catch a transfer to the airport for a 1205 flight. Was denied my latitudes priority walk off by three staff. Unfortunately I already have another cruise in April or I'd give them a pass for a while. Overall, quality is down, the staff all cruise seem disinterested and the added costs are creaping up. Norwegian seems to be hurting as the new rounds of (free stuff) is growing as well.

Highs and lows

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by robertwharley

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window

Was able to store our walk on bags in our rooms right way which was nice.

Also, they have decreased the hours of operation at the Buffett.

robertwharley’s Full Rating Summary