3. Le Boreal
Chilean Fjords were on my wish list for several years. I chose Ponant because it seemed that the cruise would fulfil my wishes and because there was a special price offer due to a jubilee year and no single supplement. As a lone traveller this is important. I liked the fact that everything onboard was included in the price. Service was excellent and the staff discreet and friendly. The expedition leaders were mostly knowledgeable and informative. The captain's enthusiasm was infectious and inspiring. The open bridge policy was also excellent. There was always a good choice of fine meals and the chefs were very good. I liked the cabin layout with a balcony and big windows. Above all, the cruise itself was amazing and the landing at Cape Horn super. Regarding the type of cruise, I have only ever been on expedition type cruises with around 200 passengers or far less (28). I have no interest in any other type of cruise. This was one of the most luxurious cruises I have been on, yet the expedition side was also good. It is nice to be pampered after an adventure!

Luxury adventure along the coast of Chile

Le Boreal Cruise Review by Lockyer

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom
Lockyer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ponant Le Boreal price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin DS 314
Adequate space and storage. Good amenities in the room. Large windows and balcony were pleasant additions to the cabin. It would have been a bit better to have more space possible between the beds as we were 2 single persons.
  Le Boreal Deck Plans